No announcement yet.

2019 LBJ Grassland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotchya, Im sure your right. Who knows how often that happens. I was just a bit blown away that they didn't give a flying F about it. The regs in Texas (compared to Wisconsin) are far more elaborate and it took a few times reading the OA over and over to understand everything, but I think pleading ignorance or mistaking a 4pt for something over 13in is kinda hogwash.

Are any of ya'll going out there for shotgun season? I got my doe at least before the gun guys are out there.

Comment

Shot a pretty good buck this morning! The track job was very difficult but I found him. Deer were moving today and this guy came right through at 15 yards. Very proud of him! I guess I'm done at LBJ this year.

You guys suggest any public in north/northeast/east TX?
      Attached Files

Comment

Congrats Troy! Great looking PL buck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
          Shot a pretty good buck this morning! The track job was very difficult but I found him. Deer were moving today and this guy came right through at 15 yards. Very proud of him! I guess I'm done at LBJ this year.

You guys suggest any public in north/northeast/east TX?
          Congrats!
          You can still shoot a spike or doe in the same county, just not another +13" Buck.

Comment

Congrats Troy. Have you already got a doe? There's still Thanksgiving weekend for that..or my backyard. We've gone from a cute 5 to about twenty.

Comment

I shot a doe a few weeks back. I may try again over Thanksgiving weekend or try to shoot a spike. I do have a big deer on cam that's got a 5 point side and a long spike on the other. I'd really like to find another public place in a different county to hunt the rut.

Comment

Just head to the Sam. No one hunts there and the deer are bigger than Kansas deer. I hear you only have to walk in about 100 yards and set on a stump. Deer Will be by shortly.

Really, you might try hunting standby on some of the WMAs that are archery only. I bet they won't be busy now that gun season has started.

Comment

How do I do the standby WMA thing?

Comment

I shot a doe a few weeks back. I may try again over Thanksgiving weekend or try to shoot a spike. I do have a big deer on cam that's got a 5 point side and a long spike on the other. I'd really like to find another public place in a different county to hunt the rut.
                    PM, I have a deer that on camera that sounds like that.

Comment

Congrats on the nice buck! I saw a few nice ones (too far to shoot) at Pat Mayse WMA. Its not a horrible drive from DFW. You'll have to buy the APH permit, but other than that you're good to go! PM me and I can give you a little direction of where I had luck bumping and spotting a few. Now that general season on LBJ has started, i'll probably stick to Pat Mayse for archery.

Comment

Congrats on the buck troy! I saw your post on facebook and didnt realize that was you! You can check out lake whitney corp land. You have to get a permit but it's free to do so!

I finally got my first bow kill yesterday. It was on private land but I'm pretty stoked!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by xZachTheRipper8 View Post
                          Congrats on the buck troy! I saw your post on facebook and didnt realize that was you! You can check out lake whitney corp land. You have to get a permit but it's free to do so!

I finally got my first bow kill yesterday. It was on private land but I'm pretty stoked!

Congrats man! The first of many for you! Yea, I'm going to look into Whitney as well as a few other places!

Comment

Congrats man! The first of many for you! Yea, I'm going to look into Whitney as well as a few other places!
                            If you decide to go down to whitney let me know! I went down a few weeks ago. It's a little more of a challenge I think

Comment

Congrats on the buck Troy!

And congrats on your first Zach.

Comment

How do I do the standby WMA thing?
                                Pm sent

Comment

Working...
                                X