Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2019 LBJ Grassland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At first I thought the tree was shaking but the weeds look clear. I decided this deer must have Parkinson's.

Comment

Or the deer is in witness protection.

Comment

All of my other pics were crystal clear. Literally only the bucks were all a blur. Must be a buck conspiracy or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
          You need to take that up with the GOF that is an admin on that page. I heard he's an old hard ***** s-o-b with little patience for knuckleheads.

I know nothing about knuckleheads.
          <-------<<

Comment

Originally posted by Lumberjack15 View Post
            All of my other pics were crystal clear. Literally only the bucks were all a blur. Must be a buck conspiracy or something.
            Now I've put it together. Raccoons have cooked up another gimmick. They've handed out blurry buck headgear to some of the does in the area and sent them around to get photographed on the cameras. Not sure what there up to but with raccoons you should always expect me worst. I can't figure out their goal. Is it reverse logic to keep deer away from the private feeders? An effort to put more pressure on bucks? I just can't tell, but knowing the source it's not an altruistic move.

Comment

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and just wanted to say hi.

Comment

Welcom! Are you hunting LBJ this year? I'll tell you what I tell all newcomers, PM me your best duck hunting spots so I can make sure they are forum approved.

Comment

I plan on hunting the LBJ this year. I've only hunted 1 unit and that was 2yrs ago and didn't have any luck. Hoping for some better luck this year. With so many units it's hard to select one lol.

Comment

Originally posted by F-35JetMech View Post
                    I plan on hunting the LBJ this year. I've only hunted 1 unit and that was 2yrs ago and didn't have any luck. Hoping for some better luck this year. With so many units it's hard to select one lol.

I work at Lockheed too. Cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My 2 cents. Drive around, pick a unit. Get to know it very well. Put up cameras and sit a tree that gives you a decent view of the unit and watch/hunt. In January hike the unit looking for that year scrapes and rubs, put up cameras again. Come next season you'll have some idea of what and where. If cameras don't show any activity, pick another unit and start over. I think it's best to play the long ball. Get your a-d spots so you can go to the next plan if the winds are not right or the spot is occupied. Good luck! There's always someone in the obvious places.

This isn't the only way, just my way.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                        My 2 cents. Drive around, pick a unit. Get to know it very well. Put up cameras and sit a tree that gives you a decent view of the unit and watch/hunt. In January hike the unit looking for that year scrapes and rubs, put up cameras again. Come next season you'll have some idea of what and where. If cameras don't show any activity, pick another unit and start over. I think it's best to play the long ball. Get your a-d spots so you can go to the next plan if the winds are not right or the spot is occupied. Good luck! There's always someone in the obvious places.

This isn't the only way, just my way.
                        I like it!

Comment

I saw a guy and his son load up a 4 point buck the other day. The deer was clearly under 13 inches. I congratulated them but told them that its not legal and they should read the regs. They laughed and said "oh well". Have you guys ever run into that and what would you have done?

Comment

Originally posted by Boldent2012 View Post
                            I saw a guy and his son load up a 4 point buck the other day. The deer was clearly under 13 inches. I congratulated them but told them that its not legal and they should read the regs. They laughed and said "oh well". Have you guys ever run into that and what would you have done?

I would have recorded a picture and truck info and called the GW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There's no telling how many undersized bucks are taken out there. In the bed of truck, down the road a ways, tag deer with non AR county, good to go. The only way to tighten that up is to adopt the restrictions state wide. Still, only a race to the house before they're in the clear.

I would have reported as well but wouldn't be obvious about it.

Comment

And I would surmise a good portion are ignorance or mistakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X