Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2019 LBJ Grassland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
    Dang. Wonder how long it took her to die from that?

My cousin hit one there two years ago. She ran 40yrds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
      Make sure you don't block any gates because farmers run cattle on some units and need access to feed.

Nah I made sure I was out of the way, I parked off road , I found 2 great spots this evening, I saw 7-8 deer, couple bucks and 1 spike

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
        Nah I made sure I was out of the way, I parked off road , I found 2 great spots this evening, I saw 7-8 deer, couple bucks and 1 spike

Also you want to make sure you are parking on the public side of the roads. Some of the landowners get pretty ****** off when people park on their property and you can be given a ticket for it.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
          Also you want to make sure you are parking on the public side of the roads. Some of the landowners get pretty ****** off when people park on their property and you can be given a ticket for it.

I was parked well off road and away from any private property

Comment

Well **** son! Making me jealous lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by xZachTheRipper8 View Post
              Well **** son! Making me jealous lol

patterns will probably change in a week or so but it was promising to see all those deer, i mainly was hiking trying to get a grasp of the place and also try to find heavy tracks and funnels and pinch points which i believe i accomplished, and i have a spot i have picked out for a stalk and spot blind i have im going to use....going to be fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                My cousin hit one there two years ago. She ran 40yrds.

Must have hit the femoral.

Comment

I will also concur The spiders were bad but not as bad as east Texas lol, where I used to hunt it was extremely bad but it I still saw a bunch

Comment

Man! I'm out and about tonight and it's nice and cool out [emoji7]

Comment

There are no deer on LBJ grasslands. Now Davey Crocket National Forest is loaded with deer and no one ever hunts there. I hear you only have to get off the road by a 100 yards or so. Deer almost as big as elk.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                        There are no deer on LBJ grasslands. Now Davey Crocket National Forest is loaded with deer and no one ever hunts there. I hear you only have to get off the road by a 100 yards or so. Deer almost as big as elk.
                        [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848] any specific spots down there? It's been awhile since I've been down that way but im not opposed to making a trip [emoji1787]

Comment

If anyone is going out this weekend, I'll be doing an overnight trip Sunday night. I'm planning to get out early Sunday morning and hunt, go set up camp after, scout a few areas and maybe hunt a different spot. If anyone wants to base camp they are welcome

Comment

Originally posted by xZachTheRipper8 View Post
                            If anyone is going out this weekend, I'll be doing an overnight trip Sunday night. I'm planning to get out early Sunday morning and hunt, go set up camp after, scout a few areas and maybe hunt a different spot. If anyone wants to base camp they are welcome

Im willing to do that in a couple weeks, I got too much stuff going on the weekends coming up but free at the ladder of October, I’m actually headed out there again right now though , it’s hot but I don’t care!!

Comment

Im willing to do that in a couple weeks, I got too much stuff going on the weekends coming up but free at the ladder of October, I’m actually headed out there again right now though , it’s hot but I don’t care!!

Just let me know! I'm always willing to camp out as long as I dont have anything going on. But my off says usually dont line up well. I'm off sundays and mondays

Comment

Is there camping sites? Or can you camp kinda anywhere!

Comment

Working...
                                X