No announcement yet.

Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I got an email the first thing this morning, saying we were successful for the second draw for Matador Archery Deer. Unfortunately, when we didn't draw originally, we made alternate plans for that period in October. Mule deer, elk, and now have muzzleloader antelope tags for Idaho all for that same period. Crap!!

Never fails, unlucky in the first and then somehow the odds double and you draw for the second. I will call the WMA so that they can plan on at least one standby position open. Good luck to someone.

Comment

Originally posted by moondog View Post
      Evidently the 2nd draw occurred at approximately 5AM today.
      That was fast, not selected for all Archery Deer Either I will now have 10 preference points for archery next year, another category hits double digit points!
      Last edited by bossbowman; 08-26-2019, 11:47 AM.

Comment

I drew the Powderhorn exotic hunt, any info out there on the Powderhorn? Not much info on it since it’s so new

Comment

Originally posted by JoelBRice View Post
          I drew the Powderhorn exotic hunt, any info out there on the Powderhorn? Not much info on it since it’s so new
          Wow somebody turned that down?!

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
            Wow somebody turned that down?!
            I meant that there’s not much info online about the hunt I’m assuming because it’s so new.

Comment

Got second draw for javelina at chap.

Comment

Somehow drew archery at James Daughtrey on 2nd draw today. 6 pps.
                Headed to buy a lotto ticket. Wife is heartbroken I won't be falling asleep at 9:30 on NYE on the couch like normal.
                Looking forward to it- old threads seem to indicate it can be a great hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
                  Headed to buy a lotto ticket. Wife is heartbroken I won't be falling asleep at 9:30 on NYE on the couch like normal.
                  Out my back door. Hoping to get that one some day.
                  Awesome place with some pretty nice bucks!
                  Good luck. Keep us updated!

Comment

Congrats to all of those that got drawn on the 2nd time around!

Wouldn't be anything better than none selection than yall starting a "Live Hunt" thread in the Campfire Forum when it comes time.

Comment

Originally posted by moondog View Post
                      Out my back door. Hoping to get that one some day.
                      Awesome place with some pretty nice bucks!
                      Good luck. Keep us updated!
                      Will do! I've seen where the bar is set on the Daughtrey live hunt threads. I can't compete with that. I like to turn my phone off in the woods but I'll post a report after the hunt.

I drew Black Gap archery mule deer a few years ago and If this hunt comes anywhere close to that one, I'll be thrilled.

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
                        I drew a Javi hunt there many moons ago, lotta deer there, corn the tree/brush lines and watch them coming pouring out...

Comment

this was our #1, good luck

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                            this was our #1, good luck
                            Thanks! I’m super excited now just have to wait 6 months..

Comment

I meant that there’s not much info online about the hunt I’m assuming because it’s so new.
                              Did you draw it in the 2nd draw? That's what I was thinking since you posted it the morning of the 2nd draw.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                                Did you draw it in the 2nd draw? That's what I was thinking since you posted it the morning of the 2nd draw.
                                Oh I gotcha, no I drew on first draw! just started looking for other people who’ve done the hunt or have info on it. I got really lucky!

Comment

Working...
                                X