Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got time to check mine again, and after 11 years of waiting i was draw for Devils River SNA , January 24-27....never thought that would happen

Comment

Any pics of deer taken?

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post
        I emailed TPWD last year about pending second draw and not selected on the draw date. They said it's a decision made by each hunt area manager to allow for a second draw or not.

I don't know why they would not want a second draw for folks not buying permits.
        Every hunt I have been on they have plenty of walk ins to fill the slots.

Comment

I drew The Chaparral Archery hunt for December 3-6th! Beyond excited. I only put in for that one as a pipe dream. I never thought I'd ever actually draw it! I've read where some people have been putting in for it for 28 years and have never drawn!!!

Comment

Oops. I figured it out.
            Last edited by Etxbuckman; 08-21-2019, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Man the e-postcard hunts are crap this year. I kind of wish I hadn't bought my APH permit already.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                Man the e-postcard hunts are crap this year. I kind of wish I hadn't bought my APH permit already.
                Is that the only reason you buy an APH? You know you can see the hunts before buying the permit right? Never mind the hung amount of land it opens up for hunting that you don’t have to be drawn for.

Comment

I've bought one every year since I can remember for the waterfowl hunts, but this year I may be down to only one of those simply due to scheduling and location preference. Had I looked at the options available for the e-postcard hunts prior to purchasing I would likely have saved my money this year, busy year. I even rushed the wife to buy hers so I could apply with her. If I'm in the same situation next year I'll definitely check first. Last year I remember quite a few more options available on the e-postcard hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    I've bought one every year since I can remember for the waterfowl hunts, but this year I may be down to only one of those simply due to scheduling and location preference. Had I looked at the options available for the e-postcard hunts prior to purchasing I would likely have saved my money this year, busy year. I even rushed the wife to buy hers so I could apply with her. If I'm in the same situation next year I'll definitely check first. Last year I remember quite a few more options available on the e-postcard hunts.
                    Yeah I think we lost a few locations and even some dates on the current locations this season. I’m not sure why. It seems like the cost keeps going up while the opportunity keeps going down.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                      Yeah I think we lost a few locations and even some dates on the current locations this season. I’m not sure why. It seems like the cost keeps going up while the opportunity keeps going down.
                      They claim the opportunity has gone up but if you analyze it closely thats for the dove hunts, the big game hunts have dwindled every year for the last 15 years, the # archery hunts have taken a massive hit.

Comment

as figured.. not selected for the two i was pending second draw..

Comment

My condolences to whoever was selected and could not go, or did not pay for your selection at Richland Creek S.
                          I intend to have a great time with my brothers and Brother-in-law.
                          Been trying to get this one for a very long time.
                          Evidently the 2nd draw occurred at approximately 5AM today.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                            They claim the opportunity has gone up but if you analyze it closely thats for the dove hunts, the big game hunts have dwindled every year for the last 15 years, the # archery hunts have taken a massive hit.

Agree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by moondog View Post
                              My condolences to whoever was selected and could not go, or did not pay for your selection at Richland Creek S.
                              Nice to read a success story, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by moondog View Post
                                That's awesome! Goes to show even if the chances are extremely slim, that there is still a chance on 2nd's! Congrats

Comment

Working...
                                X