Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

me and my girlfriend headed out to pecan unit this morning. we saw a small pig jump in and swim in the spillway but couldnt get to it. thats all the animal action we saw. we did see about 5 people out there. we saw two guys on bikes, and a father, son couple on the north side of the spillway that looked a little lost, father one had a shotgun and son a bow.

Team me- i think i saw your two tree stands. name and number on ladder? saw 2 does while getting to your stand. good location. i'll be calling you some time so i can sit in one. lol dont know if you used all the 5gallon bucket full of corn but very little corn was on ground. not too many hog marks.

i did see another ground blind made of logs and branches with chair and academy white bucket, right in front of where i had been corning, looks like a decent setup.

we walked all the reeds in the spillway hoping to bust out some hogs, no luck, there is alot of trails and hog marks close to the spillway dam area.

i hope to be out there this week, maybe take an afternoon off from work and head out.

im still down to push the hogs before the helishoot, just let me know time and place.

Comment

Idaho. You can try lake mathis right outside of corpus. We duck hunted there alot this season and saw thousands of geese. We did shoot a few but they were all going to private corn fields. We only had duck deeks but with some goose deeks you might so better. Pm me if you want more info

Comment

Yall think the weather this week will keep the heli down?

Comment

Hope the helio shoot is closer to the end of Jan to let the pigs settle a bit for the GRXH, end of Feb.

Comment

Hogs

Ya those are the stands, feel free to use them. I checked them tonight and found the corn was gone but i spooked something on the way up. Looked to me like a couple deer. One ran like a horse and went back about 50 yards and started snorting like a bull. Noticed the tree ripped up right there. Pretty sure its a big buck. That spot may not work for the hogs. lol I baited the spillway by the rocks this afternoon and waited and never heard any thing at all and was full of them last night. I think them stayed bedded down cause i noticed a storm coming in. All the way down never heard a peep. They hit that corn and pig out early in the moring i put out, but i gotta go to work.
            If any one else wants to hit it.

Comment

Wish I lived close enough to hunt this placee reqular. 2 1/2 hour drive.

Comment

Can you harvest the hogs that the heli takes down?

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                  Dirty, were you in Leander in the last week at the HEB with your daughter?
                  Na man, It was not me. I dont get out that way to often.

Comment

Gonna be great weather to hunt this week and it looks like friday will prolly be ther only day the heli will be able to fly, its suppsoed to be WINDY thursday!

Comment

sweet you going out? I am hoping for some wintery precip. I would love to hunt granger in the snow!

Comment

Ok sooo Per the TPWD @ the main office and confirmed with the Willis Creek station the arial shoot was scheduled for Thursday ONLY and has been CANCELED. with no reschedule date set at this time!

thats what im talkin' about!

Comment

Originally posted by Hopper View Post
                          Ok sooo Per the TPWD @ the main office and confirmed with the Willis Creek station the arial shoot was scheduled for Thursday ONLY and has been CANCELED. with no reschedule date set at this time!

thats what im talkin' about!
                          Sounds good to me as long as Murphy's Law doesn't come into play and they reschedule for the week before the GRXH.

Comment

awesome!!! Thanks for the update Hopper!

Comment

No prob!

So obviously I'm new to the site, have been reading for awhile and am new to bow hunting as well...but definately addicted already.
                              I'd love to meet-up with some of you guys from around here that wouldnt mind taking a rookie under thier wing..?

Also what is The GRXH? or is that top secret on a need to know basis? lol

Comment

THAT IS AWESOME NEWS!!!!! THE PRAYERS FROM ALL THE GRANGER BLOOD BROTHERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!!
                                Still planning on huntung wednesday/thursday if work permits. Goin through a transition at work so its day to day for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X