"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LemmeOut View Post
    You confirmed kills on 376 or shot 376? Just curious because we own land around there and neither us nor our neighboring properties have seen signs of hogs in a year but I guess we will now with all that shooting around us.
    bro, this saltyhog guy is another catfish!!!!or troll!!!!don't get this dude started, he has prob never even seen a hog!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LemmeOut View Post
      I think some of it was Ging land too. Not 100% sure where all they flew but they reported 30 something on one of the places I know and I believe it was all the land they flew was along Brushy Creek.

Ruined my spot on private land for now but hopefully now that it is planting time I can go pick a few off with the rifle while they are rooting up and down the rows.
      just south of brushy creek they round bailed corn stalks and the hogs demolished them,i have seen many hogs near your dad's place.

Comment

The floor is geting really really green but the canopy is still baren, there is no way that shooter will even put a dent in the ferrell hog population at granger, and i 100% agree with chief that any and all numbers reported will be inflated/adjusted to meet what ever the expected kill should be regardless of what actually happens.

Comment

What exactly does someone need to hunt here? Just a regular public land license and archery tag?

Comment

Originally posted by creeping death View Post
            just south of brushy creek they round bailed corn stalks and the hogs demolished them,i have seen many hogs near your dad's place.
            Further east of Mom and Dad's house on that county road they have seen a bunch and they even rooted up yards, I'm not hunting at the home place because we haven't had hog sign but once and we don't want to draw them in but I did have permission to hunt a place just down from them. It's funny how they have hit different spots south of Brushy around 112 but not others and have just recently started moving north of Brushy around there. Now at the land between Mustang and Brushy we haven't seen hogs and the folks to the east and west of us have seen very little. The last time they flew out there a year or two ago pretty much everything they killed was south of Brushy too.

Kind of weird but I know the guys that farm our land don't mind them not being around.

Comment

ill be out this weekend,ill be able to look around

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                bro, this saltyhog guy is another catfish!!!!or troll!!!!don't get this dude started, he has prob never even seen a hog!!!!
                I bet he has, it just has 2 wheels and is parked outside his local drinking establishment.

Comment

Originally posted by ramos104 View Post
                  What exactly does someone need to hunt here? Just a regular public land license and archery tag?
                  i wouldn't worry about hunting at granger until next season around october. they will go nocturnal after this helo hunt.......unless you just want to go walk some miles for fun........ but all you need is a hunting lic and the annual public hunting permit. bow or crossbow only for hogs, you can use shotgun during dove, rabbit, squirrell, u r too late for these, it's fishing season already.....

Comment

every time i go gunning rabbits i get one or two at least,good eating

Comment

deer are postcard draw only, we will see about next year....

Comment

deer are postcard draw only, we will see about next year....
                        have you ever tried to get a draw,ive been thinking about it

Comment

only supposed to kill rabbits/squirrels in the months ending in er, the only exception is january!!!!but this is the rules i live by......anyone else?

Comment

only supposed to kill rabbits/squirrels in the months ending in er, the only exception is january!!!!but this is the rules i live by......anyone else?
                            ive heard that before but i eat them year round with no prob yet..knock on wood lol

Comment

Originally posted by unionmade482 View Post
                              have you ever tried to get a draw,ive been thinking about it
                              brother, i have hunted this lake for 20 plus years, when tpwd ran the regular draw hunts, i got on every season, either draw or standby, i have killed my biggest buck ever behind the willis creek check station.....prob close to 100 hogs! but we were able to do management hunts on granger with centerfire rifles- for doe and hogs ....not anymore..... i am moving back from colorado in the spring and i am going to put in for the post card if they have it....

Comment

brother, i have hunted this lake for 20 plus years, when tpwd ran the regular draw hunts, i got on every season, either draw or standby, i have killed my biggest buck ever behind the willis creek check station.....prob close to 100 hogs! but we were able to do management hunts on granger with centerfire rifles- for doe and hogs ....not anymore..... i am moving back from colorado in the spring and i am going to put in for the post card if they have it....
                                itll be good to get ya home then

Comment

Working...
                                X