• Time
  • Show
Clear All

congrats on the hog!

Comment

Congrats on your hog Idaho Tradbow.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
        Great Story. congrats on ur hog. I hope they keep the road shut down, makes for alot better hunting in there. Whenthe weather cools off the walk isnt so bad.
        Thanks crod (and hard horn, txfirefighter, Phillip et al) for the congrats ...I hear ya on the road thing...not bad at all simply walkin' it in and out...but with a pig I was wantin' to lay down and die after awhile! Thought I was in the Sahara, mirages and all! BTW...those things are danged dirty to haul out fireman carry over the shoulder (shudddddder)...didn't want creepy crawlies all up in my armpits and shorts before I got back to the truck ...so I used my drag instead...kinda silly I thought for such a small pig...and it wore a little hair off along the way (don't eat hair though...unless...no, nevermind... ) ...anyhoo...yeah. If I could get permission somehow to drive back in there (temporarily get key to the red gate at Comanche Bluff trailhead?) if only to get an animal out (especially if it's a hogzilla kinda pig) it would be nice. But yeah, it may ruin the hunt area's quality if the access was too easy. See yer point...

Comment

My buddy and I are goin tomarrow afternoon till end of shooting time. Hit me up if yall are available.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
            My buddy and I are goin tomarrow afternoon till end of shooting time. Hit me up if yall are available.
            Gotta work or I would crod...good luck...go to the Comanche Bluff/Primitive Camp area...trust me...it's good in there right now ...oh yeah...PLEASE don't shoot my "hogzilla" sow (Miss Piggy to me), okay? I might never, ever, in a gazillion years forgive your a** if you do ...

P.S.- Here soon my days off should change to where I have weekends...then maybe I can go on a hawg wild extravanganza with some of y'all...'til then I'm stuck with Thursday/Friday off (night shifts to boot).
            Last edited by Idaho TradBow; 08-07-2010, 05:28 PM. Reason: Adding a "P.S."

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
              Went out for a quick visit at my lease near the WMA yesterday afternoon. The farmer who works the land we lease was starting to harvest his corn, so it shouldn't be long before all the farmers in the area do so as well. Also, after a poor crop last year, the pecans out there are loaded. Should start falling before too long.
              How are things looking out there this year?

Comment

Oh and nice work on the hog IDAHO

Comment

Originally posted by gbeard View Post
                  How are things looking out there this year?
                  Things are looking great. We should have the best antler growth in quite a few years with the rain we received last spring. Things are still green and the deer got plenty groceries. We fine tuned some stand locations and I think we're finally zeroed in on where we need to be. Put cameras out this weekend.
                  You got cameras out yet GT?

Comment

Dang, did the heat slow it down out there?

Comment

Nope! Heard that it might hit 109 on Wednesday! Not sure if it will happen or not but it definitely will be triple digits temp out there! Will have to wait for good heavy overcast or rain for better hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
                        Things are looking great. We should have the best antler growth in quite a few years with the rain we received last spring. Things are still green and the deer got plenty groceries. We fine tuned some stand locations and I think we're finally zeroed in on where we need to be. Put cameras out this weekend.
                        You got cameras out yet GT?
                        No cameras yet. I forgot to take the batteries out of two of them. They leaked and completely jacked up the cameras. I started preparing the soil in some of the food plots though. Probably start planting in september. We are building a new deer processing/bar-B-Qing/sausage making/boosing facility out at the hunting cabin that we are really looking forward to using. You should stop by and check it out the next time you are out that way.

Comment

Hey GT, we need pictures

Comment

Originally posted by Bofly View Post
                            Hey GT, we need pictures
                            Hey Bo,
                            I'll be out at the lease this Sunday to work on a few things. Finally got my cameras two weeks ago, so I might have some pictures for us to look at on Monday. Should be a great year. I've gotta do a couple blind counts for Trey in the next week or so too. It would make it a lot easier if they'd harvest the bleepin corn!
                            GT,
                            I'll give you a call. Maybe we can throw back a few cold ones.

Comment

Havent been on in a while but excited to read and catch up. Think I'm gonna head out tonight or in the morning and check my old spot and get my feeder filled back up.

Cant Wait!!!

Comment

Idaho,
                                Good job on the pork!

Comment

Working...
                                X