No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm heading out to Pecan G next week sometime. Have been checking on 6/7 (spot and stalk style) since Jan. and have always seen pigs and shot one 2 weeks ago, but last time I was out I didn't see any, and saw very few fresh signs. I'm going to head out to PG to sit on stand and hope for the best. They've been getting spookier recently.

S

Comment

I walked through their the other day and saw two.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
        There are several stands(3) at the edge of the blood weed along the river headed toward the point. Just take some climbing sticks and a harness, be careful. There is one pretty low one on the trail about 1/2-3/4 mile down river from PC. There is also a ladder right at the duck pond along the river. Throw some sour corn and have at it.
        Many pounds of pork have been taken from those stands in the last year.

They were put up by a never to be revealed TBH'r. Use a harness.

Comment

Plan to take some climbing sticks next time and a harness. plus some black corn. Thanks.

Comment

No pigs at Granger or what?

Everyone too busy shooting with no time to post?

Comment

I have not been out since it turned green. Just cant find the time right now.

Comment

I might be persuaded to go this weekend....oink oink....wonder how humid it is out there....

Comment

weather should be good. I navigated the river a couple of days ago, and it is defenitaly green! Over grown in alot of places. Good luck and watchout for ticks....

Comment

Been walking around some. Brush is thickkkkkkkkk and the ticks are bad the pigs are there but it is hard to not make noise. The grass is over my hips

Comment

guess it's time to go scrounge up some sulfur...wonder where to get it now...take some powder sulfur, put into an old sock and tie an knot in the open end and dust your lowers with it....we used to do that years ago when going camping to keep the fleas, ticks and chiggers away....used to dust around the tents also.

Comment

I was out at Granger last weekend. I was going to the Pecan Grove entrance near the ranger station but their were two trucks already their (5:45am) and I didn't want to walk in on someone. So I headed over to the other side of PG to gate 8. Started walking back in the unit and I could not believe how many deer their were. They were all worked up snorting like crazy, I have heard deer snort before but this was ridiculous. I Found a good spot where I had seen rooting in the past and waited for first light. It was real foggy that morning so visibility was not all that great. About 35 min after sun rise I had one hog show up but he was about 80+ yards away and he did not stay long. Saw one other hog later that morning but also to far away. They are out their, just hard to find.

Comment

lots of pig movment in comp A.

Comment

Originally posted by gbeard View Post
                            lots of pig movment in comp A.
                            Where is Comp "A" ?

Comment

Buddy of mine brought this one by right after I posted earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                                Where is Comp "A" ?

Behind the dam north of the river

Comment

Working...
                                X