Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish I lived clsoer than 2 1/2 hours.

Comment

I went out into area A Friday evening, saw three hunters with compounds on the South side of the river headed in as I was headed out at 6-6:30pm. They were in two tan Ford pickups, no stickers in the windows. Only saw them and a rabbit all evening, so I will probably give area G/F a try Sunday.
      BTW, I was soaked by the time I made it back, so if you do go out, best of luck.

Comment

[QUOTE=Empyrean;1820350]I went out into area A Friday evening, saw three hunters with compounds on the South side of the river headed in as I was headed out at 6-6:30pm. They were in two tan Ford pickups, no stickers in the windows. Only saw them and a rabbit all evening, so I will probably give area G/F a try Sunday.
        BTW, I was soaked by the time I made it back, so if you do go out, best of luck.[/QUO

Are the trails mowed out there?

Comment

Mud, rain, ticks and high flying dove saturday afternoon at Sorefinger. I saw no hogs or deer. Nostradenis saw two yotes.

Comment

Yes, all the trails I walked were mowed.

Comment

Good, looks like I may head out Wednesday afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by newjigger View Post
                10-4...thanks wudstix. Any help from locals or guys who have been out there would be great.
                There is a parking lot on the dam road on the southeast corner of the lake. There is also a parking lot on the east side of the dam by the outlet.

Comment

Skunked once again Sunday. Saw several small does and alot of fox squirrels. One armadillo. I have come to the conclusion that there are no hogs at Granger... The one exception is the heli "shoot", where they drop prekilled hogs onto the property to make all of us fools hike back there to hunt unicorns.
                  Granger has some beautiful land, and I am loving my time out there.

Comment

Went hunting there at Gate #6, walked west from the gate, nothing was mowed at all. Haven't check east area from Gate #6 yet. After barelly got thru the bloodweed, found the pond dried up already. Saw couple hares and plenty of cows. Cows are nuriance. See them going thru the bloodweeds.

Comment

Im going to hunt below the dam Wednesday.

Comment

Last time I was out there I could've sworn I saw one of those prehistoric mosquitoes lift a hog off the ground and fly off with it. Probably why there aren't any hogs left.

Comment

Are the roads cut below the dam yet? I was thinking about heading out there wed as well

Comment

So far I've been in areas A, E, and F, and all the trails that I saw were mowed. I haven't hunted Granger in past years so don't know what the norm is for the bloodweed, but there is still alot up in area E. (Just trails through it.)
                            And best of luck to the two of you Wednesday.

Comment

Wish that I could join at below dam but I work that afternoon. Maybe early morning will do? Need to know how it looks like before I go in there in the dark.

Comment

I will trade some advise for some advice. I dont have a bow yet that is. But I do have a shot gun. So I am after doves. Been out there scouting as I have never been out there except in my kayak. I found where all yalls hogs have gone. Lets think about this for one min here. Think Corn. If some one wants to let me in on which part of the lake is best for dove hunting I will share with you the exact spots I found tons of hog sign that is very very active. I will post up some pics in a min. Also do you have to wear the hunter orange vests and a orange hat? Or is this at your choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X