"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
    Lol, I've already done my Granger homework! Not gonna read 248 pages again. If I were to guess, between pages 100-150.

Ok, just trying to help you out. Been hunting Granger for pigs since 2013. Hope you prove me wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
      Ok, just trying to help you out. Been hunting Granger for pigs since 2013. Hope you prove me wrong.

I believe you about the feeders, I was just saying it has been done successfully. I'm kicking around a bunch of ideas because it's August, and I haven't been hunting in months. Cabin fever is worse with corona.

Comment

I believe you about the feeders, I was just saying it has been done successfully. I'm kicking around a bunch of ideas because it's August, and I haven't been hunting in months. Cabin fever is worse with corona.

If you really want to hunt in this heat, bait an area by wallows and get there before sunrise. The vegetation, heat, ticks, etc make for a very unpleasant day on foot. The pigs will only be active right at first light. Other than that, you’re going to have to wait unless you’re a glutton for punishment.

Comment

Anyone ever use those PVC gravity feeders at Granger? Is that just gonna make it too easy for the pigs?
          I seen plenty of the BLK rain gutter pipes(image below) and a few of the hog pipe that are cabled to the ground and within 20 yrds of someones treestand, since I have been scouting out there from late Jan of this yrs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pvc.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	24628186

Comment

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Originally posted by DHOutdoorsman View Post
            I seen plenty of the BLK rain gutter pipes(image below) and a few of the hog pipe that are cabled to the ground and within 20 yrds of someones treestand, since I have been scouting out there from late Jan of this yrs.

[ATTACH]1015460[/ATTACH]

Not sure how you’d make a pig pipe out of one of those with no end caps. Maybe a poor mans gravity feeder. Pig pipes all over the place. Lots of abandon junk in those woods.

Comment

Not sure how you’d make a pig pipe out of one of those with no end caps. Maybe a poor mans gravity feeder. Pig pipes all over the place. Lots of abandon junk in those woods.
              Agree with you 100% how much trash is out there with abandoned pipes and hanging bucket feeders I have seen that are out there.. Shame hunters dont clean up after themselves.

Comment

Feeders are low percentage as most are hit in the wee hours. Two or three man team can have some success pushing pigs out of cover.

Comment

Several have proved you wrong over the years and still continue to. you may need to put in a few more years and you might learn a thing or two.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                    Several have proved you wrong over the years and still continue to. you may need to put in a few more years and you might learn a thing or two.

Why the ignorant reply? It’s not impossible, but it’s not as productive as other tactics.

Comment

Ignorant would be when your wrong and thinking your right.

There's been more pigs shot over corn out there than you'd ever imagine.

Comment

Ignorant would be when your wrong and thinking your right.

There's been more pigs shot over corn out there than you'd ever imagine.

Well they definitely don’t post their kills on here.

Comment

Most of the smart ones dont.

Comment

They don't post it because they were killed AFTER legal shooting hours.

Comment

Most of the smart ones dont.

Why are you even on here then? Just to demean people and not post your kills, tactics, or advice? Maybe the height in your stand has gone to your head. [emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by CARNAGE68 View Post
                                They don't post it because they were killed AFTER legal shooting hours.

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

Working...
                                X