No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are areas to hit to get in and out fairly easy. I’d lock your yak if you’re going far. Flow and level is pretty low right now. It’s never a raging river unless we get tons of rain. That’s about the only place to launch unless you want to cross the lake, which isn’t recommended if there’s any kind of wind. Maybe Willis creek launch and go up the creek or skirt the side to the East, just get out of the park area before hunting which is around that point.

Comment

Thanks it’s a shame we have to lock everything we can’t carry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
        Thanks it’s a shame we have to lock everything we can’t carry

I’m not saying you have to but better safe than sorry I guess.

Comment

I always drag mine out of sight of river. Carry my two piece paddle in my pack. Don’t forget your PFD and orange. Couple good spots to pull out. You’ll learn the terms for spots on the river come to Granger Ranger Xtreme Hunt, first weekend after Valentines Day.

Comment

I would not worry about my yak or canoe but may regret saying that. Doubt someone in a boat would steal either one and unlikely a walk in would take it. Keeping the paddle with you has got be awkward Wudstix but see how that might help. I guess a cable and a lock might be a good idea. Long swim home if they did? I am going to start going semi often soon. Not 104 degree days. I am not afraid to cross even in moderate to slightly high winds in my yak but Not in my Canoe.

Comment

I have been trying to do the Apply Now for the drawing but the site does nothing when I click on Apply Now at the Granger Postcard Hunt TP&W site. Maybe Monday or am I missing something. Yes I have my New 20/21 Licenses and PH permit purchased.

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
                I have been trying to do the Apply Now for the drawing but the site does nothing when I click on Apply Now at the Granger Postcard Hunt TP&W site. Maybe Monday or am I missing something. Yes I have my New 20/21 Licenses and PH permit purchased.

I just did the apply for the granger draw for deer about 20 mins ago and had no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Fthoodtanker View Post
                  I just did the apply for the granger draw for deer about 20 mins ago and had no issues.

Thanks for heads up. will try again.

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
                    Thanks for heads up. will try again.

Anytime.
                    I’ve been putting in for granger deer for last 7 years still never gotten drawn. Good luck. I’ve put in for 9 different hunts this year across the state lol. Good luck to everyone that puts in for a draw hunt

Comment

Originally posted by Fthoodtanker View Post
                      Anytime.
                      I’ve been putting in for granger deer for last 7 years still never gotten drawn. Good luck. I’ve put in for 9 different hunts this year across the state lol. Good luck to everyone that puts in for a draw hunt

My PC Desk Top has so many protections, I turned "some" off and now I am entered. The protections and/or? the govt site was preventing access. Good luck to you and others as well.

Comment

Anyone ever use those PVC gravity feeders at Granger? Is that just gonna make it too easy for the pigs?

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                          Anyone ever use those PVC gravity feeders at Granger? Is that just gonna make it too easy for the pigs?

Has anyone ever shot a pig out there over a feeder?

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                            Has anyone ever shot a pig out there over a feeder?
                            If you go far enough back on this thread you will see the answer is yes! If I were to use a feeder out there I'd probably not hunt it, but I'd hunt the travel corridor from bedding to the feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                              If you go far enough back on this thread you will see the answer is yes! If I were to use a feeder out there I'd probably not hunt it, but I'd hunt the travel corridor from bedding to the feeder.

Nobody I know hunts feeders. You’re just wasting money in my opinion. What page is the feeder post?

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                                Nobody I know hunts feeders. You’re just wasting money in my opinion. What page is the feeder post?
                                Lol, I've already done my Granger homework! Not gonna read 248 pages again. If I were to guess, between pages 100-150.

Comment

Working...
                                X