"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cgcaples12 View Post
    It's colder than you know what Ill be out at sore finger about 7:45. Come join me! 737-888-1679.
    Good luck! Ill be out there for dove this evening

Comment

There are no pigs in Granger.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
        There are no pigs in Granger.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
        Carnage and NavyChief done killed the last one, now they will move on to their next killing ground.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
          no turkey hunts and if I sounded like an *** I'm really not an ahole. I read my comment and may come off as a ***** ish. sorry for that!!!!
          Dangit ... and i just used my turkey tag at sore finger too ...
          Dad gum ...
          a**hole [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

No pigs today. Deer but I was not drawn so they are still there.
            Guess some Turkey Vultures might have to be served up. Who says Granger has no turkeys? See em gliding high all the time!

Comment

Welp I saw a ton more deer, but zero hog. I got bored and started stalking a doe on my hands and knees, got 25 yds from her broadside at full draw, obviously I didn't take the shot, but that was my first time sneaking up on an animal and having an opportunity with a bow so it made my day.

I made it close to the very southern tip of trees there, but had to trek back in time for my daughters gymnastics haha. I was out there from 7:30 - 2:00. Not that fond of that long of a hike so I am really liking the kayak or canoe idea. Better luck next time I guess!
              Last edited by cgcaples12; 10-22-2019, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
                No pigs today. Deer but I was not drawn so they are still there.
                Guess some Turkey Vultures might have to be served up. Who says Granger has no turkeys? See em gliding high all the time!
                Where were you today?

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
                  Good luck! Ill be out there for dove this evening
                  Nice I saw a bunch of dove out there and duck in the evening yesterday. My son and I went out and scouted it out. Let us know how you do!

Comment

Kayak maybe for a very small hog. I have owned (too many) several. Some would be cool for shotgun and ducks etc. but a bow takes space. Hauling A hog is another matter and I see that as very difficult. I used to bow hunt using a canoe to get to where I was going. Much better for hunting. Can carry a lot. My current Perception 12' Pescador would NOT serve well. Plus winter and you get wet! Some yaks offer some cool storage and floatation so it Can Be Done and awesome for working a river etc. Just go bigger if a yak. My pennies worth of jibberish.

Comment

Originally posted by cgcaples12 View Post
                      Where were you today?
                      San Gabriel section. Nice mix of open and heavy with water not too far. Little sign of pig but of some sign spotted after the little rain to allow some prints.

Comment

Kayak maybe for a very small hog. I have owned (too many) several. Some would be cool for shotgun and ducks etc. but a bow takes space. Hauling A hog is another matter and I see that as very difficult. I used to bow hunt using a canoe to get to where I was going. Much better for hunting. Can carry a lot. My current Perception 12' Pescador would NOT serve well. Plus winter and you get wet! Some yaks offer some cool storage and floatation so it Can Be Done and awesome for working a river etc. Just go bigger if a yak. My pennies worth of jibberish.
                        Thanks for the tips! Yeah I think I am going to go with a canoe that way I can take the family fishing in it as well. Hauling a hog all the way from south to north doesn't seem that pleasing either.

Comment

Oh and the other comments posted for justifying the expense of the yak, use my almost expert comments loaded with only a few lies to get a really cool Hobie Mirage Tandum as it is necessary for the task and a mere 3 or 4 grand. And you can take her out in it being the other reason "we" must have it dear!

Comment

Canoes: The old coleman ram x 15 to 17 can be found faded but great working condition for cheap. I found they held up, had less wind drift and did what was needed. I loved mine. Always sat or in front and went in reverse so to speak or in middle on ice chest if alone. They flex slide over a stump or rock usually where aluminum sticks and fiberglass damages too easy. Kevlar is another option for more bucks.

Comment

Oh and the other comments posted for justifying the expense of the yak, use my almost expert comments loaded with only a few lies to get a really cool Hobie Mirage Tandum as it is necessary for the task and a mere 3 or 4 grand. And you can take her out in it being the other reason "we" must have it dear!
                              You trying to get me killed?? 3 to 4 grand good grief. That thing better bring the animals right up to it for that price.

Comment

Well this thread is getting lively again, finally. Sorefinger IS a long walk, but also home to the biggest dang hog I've ever seen at Granger. Keep after it guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X