Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your service. There are alot of vets in here. There have been plenty of pigs killed at Sore Finger. Try Florida point. It's an easy walk for you.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cgcaples12 View Post
      Hogs tags didn't get me but I was lied to in person by a Ranger about Sore Finger and multiple times on this forum. It took me about a an hour to find "The Spot" or its general area using these forum. I was looking forward to finding the info on my own or from the locals only, that's whats fun for me. I have scouted every area except 2 and 3 and I have been out here for a whopping 2 months. If I find anything I share it freely on here which will continue. I have a physical disability from my time in service and was down for a week after this trek. Finding out this was all in the name of "hazing" infuriates me. I am not going to argue on here anymore just going to be sharing what I find.

Just hunt brother. Don’t listen to the keyboard cowboys who only hunt (if you can call it that) once a year on average. Not worth your health or stress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Get with speedgoat, navy chief (he only a **** online), carnage, or sneaky(he was drawn for deer though). They actually have taken many hogs and know what they are doing. I’d offer to take you out myself, but I’m duck and deer hunting more these days.

Last edited by HogStalker; 11-13-2019, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Hogs tags didn't get me but I was lied to in person by a Ranger about Sore Finger and multiple times on this forum. It took me about a an hour to find "The Spot" or its general area using these forum. I was looking forward to finding the info on my own or from the locals only, that's whats fun for me. I have scouted every area except 2 and 3 and I have been out here for a whopping 2 months. If I find anything I share it freely on here which will continue. I have a physical disability from my time in service and was down for a week after this trek. Finding out this was all in the name of "hazing" infuriates me. I am not going to argue on here anymore just going to be sharing what I find.
          Meet Brandon -

Originally posted by strigif0rm3s View Post
          I stalked hogs for a few years before I finally connected. It's worth it. Put the time in and it'll pay off. Sore finger has tons of hogs bit it's a hike. Worth. Every. Step. Good stalking!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
          Brandon was sent to SF on a rookie expedition, as was I about 10 years ago. Heck, I think I hit SF 2-3 times before I knew what was up.

Brandon wasn't infuriated about a practical joke.

Brandon sits around camp fires and laughs about SF rookie expedition.

Brandon has a hot wife that wears yoga pants.

Be like Brandon....

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
            Meet Brandon -

Brandon was sent to SF on a rookie expedition, as was I about 10 years ago. Heck, I think I hit SF 2-3 times before I knew what was up.

Brandon wasn't infuriated about a practical joke.

Brandon sits around camp fires and laughs about SF rookie expedition.

Brandon has a hot wife that wears yoga pants.

Be like Brandon....
            Brandon also has inappropriate relationships with piglets... don't be THAT MUCH like Brandon.

Comment

The truth is, at any given time, there can and will be pigs at any area of Granger. I grew up 15 minutes from the lake and have spent a lot of time out there over the years. I spent probably 50-60 days at Granger last fall through this spring for deer, pig, and shed hunting. I’ve mountain biked and boated all over the lake property. I’ve jumped pigs in Sore Finger and I’ve jumped pigs in nearly every other area of the lake. They are not easy to hunt. If you want some real advice that doesn’t require a lot of walking: find a tree to set up in and start dumping out a bag of corn every few days. People will say baiting pigs with corn is a rookie move out there, but hey, I’m all about eating a corn fed hog! Most of the pigs are going to eat the corn at night, but you will catch some slipping late in the evenings...but first, be sure to get your hog tags...

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                Brandon also has inappropriate relationships with piglets... don't be THAT MUCH like Brandon.
                Brandon also has an obsessive gay-ness for owls. Yes, don't be THAT MUCH like Brandon.

Comment

I thought everyone knew there were definitively no pigs at sore finger and that's why people were sent there. If they have or will go there I'm not worried about it then and I will prob try to canoe across from friendship eventually. I was out between 7 and 6 today just scouting. Did anyone lose a black sleeping bag, it was all wrapped up nice right by the trail. I was able to practice with some deer again and was able to pull in an absolutely beautiful 6 point buck. I am still a rookie like you say, so take what I say about deer with a grain of salt but this bucks rack went out at least 3 inches past his ears. He was hanging maybe 300 yards in from the southern gate pushing north around 2:00 PM. Good luck.
                  Last edited by cgcaples12; 11-13-2019, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
                    Brandon also has an obsessive gay-ness for owls. Yes, don't be THAT MUCH like Brandon.

It’s yoga ball yoga pants Pearl Jam skeeter....

And what’s this talk of zip tied nutz..sounds like a new wrasslin game at grxh ...kinda like pin the tail on the donkey...well kinda..
                    I think snacks aka rally will be showing up in a boar costume if anyone wants to play...

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                      It’s yoga ball yoga pants Pearl Jam skeeter....

And what’s this talk of zip tied nutz..sounds like a new wrasslin game at grxh ...kinda like pin the tail on the donkey...well kinda..
                      I think snacks aka rally will be showing up in a boar costume if anyone wants to play...

Zip the Balls on the Honkey!

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                        Zip the Balls on the Honkey!

Hahaha [emoji23]

Comment

For real though... we should probably delete those comments before someone loses a pair. lol

Comment

Hunting Granger is not easy, wore out a couple pair of boots there. Learn as you go. As mentioned the hogs can be found were they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                              Glad it's not me pushing everyone's buttons now!

Chief, I will fill your hog tube up this Sunday morning. Same one I hunted in January.
                              kill em all!!!!!I

Comment

most of the hogs are behind the PC I hear because of the pecans!!!! they bed up on the private though so u have to catch them up by them Georgia canes when they come down at last light!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X