"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by apoc330 View Post
    Didnt get out this weekend other than to fill up my feed tube and put my trailcam back out on Saturday morning and went back out Sunday evening for a couple of hours just to check the bait. Got about 20 pics on the trailcam.

The last one is my favorite. I was looking through all of the pics on the cam and this was the last one, a little suprising to say the least. Cant wait to get out and have some time to actually hunt. I am hoping Thursday.

Nothing there...

Comment

Looks like the water's come down some. ..

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
        Please let me know what you found as far as hogs and sign if you would like. I can share what I found out there.
        Found the usual. Tons of hog. A lot of deer. Sign for both are everywhere. About half the points in E and F were dry enough to put on some drives.

We prefer to hunt in a pack and cover as much as five or ten miles to get the shot set up we like.

A few years ago I shot this 205lbs dressed Sow in the bloodweed about 20 yards from the kick bucket pictured above.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hit up the same unit on Sunday and ran across the same area as Mister Bubba's Bulletman..... saw 2 boars in the bloodweed; one presented a shot, but I didn't feel like dragging a pig out and slowly it moved off. the water is coming back down and the hogs aren't phased from the heli hunt.

Kody

Comment

Originally posted by HillCountryBowHunter View Post
            Hit up the same unit on Sunday and ran across the same area as Mister Bubba's Bulletman..... saw 2 boars in the bloodweed; one presented a shot, but I didn't feel like dragging a pig out and slowly it moved off. the water is coming back down and the hogs aren't phased from the heli hunt.

Kody
            We didn't get a shot at all in there yesterday. Here's the link to my write up on the hunt and the hog we got in F.

Comment

I saw the story, great job

Comment

Originally posted by Muzzy100 View Post
                I saw the story, great job
                Call me bro

Comment

Heading out in the mourning!!

Comment

Good luck I might be out there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by HillCountryBowHunter View Post

Kody
                      that's why you carry several trash bags in your pack....at the very least, pull the hams and loins, if you have room, pull the shoulders....don't even need to gut it. Leave the rest for the scavengers

Comment

Heading out tomorrow evening for a 3 day hunt, looking forward to it. If any of you are out there we might run into ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Toddpm View Post
                          Heading out tomorrow evening for a 3 day hunt, looking forward to it. If any of you are out there we might run into ya.
                          You'll be runnin into about 20 guys out there for the Ranger hunt!!! See you out there. Come meet all of us at the primitive campground.

Comment

I will be in pecan grove Saturday evening with 2 other friends. Does anyone have any tips for this area?

Comment

Thats were myself and 3 others will be..... TIP-PLAY THE WIND!!

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                                TIP-PLAY THE WIND!!
                                You can't stress this enough. Hogs smell us a lot better than we smell them.
                                Keep the wind in you face.

Comment

Working...
                                X