"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rojobeard View Post
    So if you gonna hunt granger or public land in general dont be a lazy ********. Take your carcass and guts back into the woods.... the parking lot is not the place to dump all your bull****... at least 3 carcasses in this pile...... people are trash these days.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Agree Rojo
    We as hunter should know better, do better and be better...dont give the antis more ammo to use against us... parking/camping area is for leaving behind trash or guts. Wonder why landowners are shutting off their lands to hunters....jeez peps
    Pack it out guys in woods(yotes may come along for you to shot)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NightStalker View Post
      HUMANOID: Everyone knows, there are no pigs at Granger! Not at Sore Finger, not anywhere.

You can't find them in the grass; and you can't find them in the sticks;
      You can't find them at Primitive Camp; you can't find them at gate 6!

You can't find find them at 'The Spot'; and you can't find them at Comanche ridge;
      You can't find them at 'The Steps; you can't find them under Railroad Bridge!

You can't find them at Small Boat Launch; and you'll never see one cross a road;
      You can't find them in the mud; you can't find them at Pe-can Grove!

You can't even see them from way, way, up on the dam; those porkers are really, really, on the lam!

So, no no, don't waste your time, or put your toes in danger; everyone knows: . . . . there are no pigs at Granger!

(read to the cadence of "Green Eggs and Ham")
      This is good. Well done.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tiberiuswade View Post
        Agree Rojo
        We as hunter should know better, do better and be better...dont give the antis more ammo to use against us... parking/camping area is for leaving behind trash or guts. Wonder why landowners are shutting off their lands to hunters....jeez peps
        Pack it out guys in woods(yotes may come along for you to shot)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
        Its all still there.........saw it this morning. I stopped there on my way out and just logged some miles or I would have dragged it into the woods. If still there when I go back next week I will drag it off.

I have always been told that the only dumb question is the one not asked so here goes.
        Is it legal to shoot a pig from a canoe. And is it sporting to do so, kind of feels like driving down the road and shooting out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockstar69 View Post
          Its all still there.........saw it this morning. I stopped there on my way out and just logged some miles or I would have dragged it into the woods. If still there when I go back next week I will drag it off.

I have always been told that the only dumb question is the one not asked so here goes.
          Is it legal to shoot a pig from a canoe. And is it sporting to do so, kind of feels like driving down the road and shooting out the window.
          I don't think its illegal but don't quote me on it, and if you manage to do it all power to ya my man that would be an epic story!

Comment

I see nothing in the COE rules or WMA rules that say no to hunting from a boat. Heck, the duck hunters do it all the time! I would say it IS sporting due to the difficulty. A canoe is not a stable platform at all; If you can make a good 20 yard bow shot on a hog from a canoe, hats off to Ya!

Comment

If you have any type of motor on the boat, you must wait until all forward motion has ceased before you shoot. If the boat is not powered by a motor then you are good to go.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback gentlemen. I have been reviewing the regulations but was having trouble coming up with a definitive answer.

Comment

Got bit by Mr. Murphy multiple times today at Granger.

First, had my nock pop off the string as I went to draw on a group busting out of a thicket in front of me. Could have had a 8-10 yard shot I think... Wound up seeing ~20 hogs race away. All black, all big ones.

Next I pulled my arrow off the string with 75 yards of already hunted ground left to reach my pickup. Who knew one of the boars from that group would circle and bed 50 yards from the road? Clearly not this guy. Sigh. Granger 4, Me 0.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                    Got bit by Mr. Murphy multiple times today at Granger.

First, had my nock pop off the string as I went to draw on a group busting out of a thicket in front of me. Could have had a 8-10 yard shot I think... Wound up seeing ~20 hogs race away. All black, all big ones.

Next I pulled my arrow off the string with 75 yards of already hunted ground left to reach my pickup. Who knew one of the boars from that group would circle and bed 50 yards from the road? Clearly not this guy. Sigh. Granger 4, Me 0.
                    If y'all were the 3 hunters at Willis creek this morn. I loved watching rookies work!

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
                      If y'all were the 3 hunters at Willis creek this morn. I loved watching rookies work!
                      Be easy Chief. Im hoping we can get Trumpkin out to GRXH 2019 to help out so you dont have to maintain your Messiah status of feeding the masses via fish. I think youve already hit 1 of 3 miracles for your Saint status.

Keep after’em Trumpkin.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
                        Negative. Kinda. Were you down in Willis by the park mid day?

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback gentlemen. I have been reviewing the regulations but was having trouble coming up with a definitive answer.
                          When in doubt call and ask game warden...remember to get name who give you that information. This way they can call and verify with him/her...play it safe

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Comment

First time down at Granger made it happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by andrews915 View Post
                              First time down at Granger made it happen

Nice dude! And got the awesome snap to go along with it. [emoji109][emoji2533]

Comment

Also got 20 yards from this stud over in sore finger

Comment

Working...
                                X