No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One tip with binos...don't forget to look right in front of you...the one time I took mine I was looking out in distance then started walking to my right and the biggest boar I've seen out there was bedded under a tree about 20yds away...Once I turned and walked his direction he was 100yds away before I could pull back my bow haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

They'll hold tight and you'll never now you walked right by them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

nice hike, no pigs

Hi all, this is my first post.

I hunted from gate 6 this morning and pushed southwest, mostly through thick brush. Saw no pigs, but dang, they sure have been there.

Comment

Thank you guys for the great information. I am taking both of my sons (ages 15 and 10) out is why i am being a bit cautious and asking so many questions. They are both very excited about going as you can imagine. You have all given me great tips and it's good to know we can go in gate 6 and move towards 7 and have a chance at seeing some (as this is the area we have been to a week ago). Thank you again for all of the help and hopefully get to see some of you guys out there soon!

Comment

Originally posted by pbaird View Post
            Thank you guys for the great information. I am taking both of my sons (ages 15 and 10) out is why i am being a bit cautious and asking so many questions. They are both very excited about going as you can imagine. You have all given me great tips and it's good to know we can go in gate 6 and move towards 7 and have a chance at seeing some (as this is the area we have been to a week ago). Thank you again for all of the help and hopefully get to see some of you guys out there soon!
            Once you get to 7 don't stop; cross over the parking lot and hunt that area as well. It is called the triangle and it isn't very big, but we have all seen and/or killed pigs there.

Comment

Do you guys have any cheaper 100 grain broadheads you would recommend or do you guys shoot expensive mechanicals out there as well?

Comment

Buy the cheapest fixed blades you can find.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

That was my initial thought as well! Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

That was my initial thought as well! Thank you!

Just make sure they are sharp; some of the cheaper blades need a little work before being used.

Comment

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 12pcs Official Silver SlipCam Hypodermic Broadheads 2 Blade 100 Gr US at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Comment

Perfect thank you guys! Anyone going out Sunday at all?

Comment

Perfect thank you guys! Anyone going out Sunday at all?

I'll be out there this weekend. Don't shoot mechanicals. I have killed a lot of pigs with these Allen heads. They are solid construction, fly decent, and sharpen easily.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Allen Platinum Series Lil Nasty Precision Broadhead 3pk 100 Grain Gr | 14670 at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Comment

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Allen Power Point 100gr Broadhead 3 Blade 14635 at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Comment

Thank you for the info I appreciate it. Hoping to get out this weekend as well. Probably try gate 6 again.

Comment

I checked all the gates I could in a day. I realized that some guys on here are pretty secretive haha! I found one gate with a lot of trucks (no TBH decals), and have been checking all the posts associated with it. Seems like a great spot, with better chances for hogs. Found another place that is worth hopping a fence for. Basically, I'm avoiding big fields, too far from water.

Comment

Working...
                                X