No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seen about 15 or so pigs running up the San Gabriel river near my stand Sunday morning around 8 a.m. I was hoping they would come back and closer for a shot but they never did maybe next time.

Comment

Originally posted by barnettcrossbow View Post
      Seen about 15 or so pigs running up the San Gabriel river near my stand Sunday morning around 8 a.m. I was hoping they would come back and closer for a shot but they never did maybe next time.
      Dang, you have a stand in sore finger?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

No. I've never hunted sore finger.

Comment

Originally posted by strigif0rm3s View Post
          Dang, you have a stand in sore finger?

Comment

Just leaving Sore Finger. Helluva walk, but it was thick with pigs!

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo1 View Post
              Just leaving Sore Finger. Helluva walk, but it was thick with pigs!
              How many did you see? Sign all over? Tell me more!

Comment

If u want squirrels park at the steps at first light and wade across the river...you can kill a doz in an hour...I like to use 6 shot...u can hit them up in the tops of those big old pecan trees.

Comment

I wish we could use pellet gun or 22lr for tree rats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have heard great things about granger for hunting. Been looking for a spot for some hogs. Any recommendations where to set up for them there?

Comment

Originally posted by texasmade512 View Post
                      I have heard great things about granger for hunting. Been looking for a spot for some hogs. Any recommendations where to set up for them there?
                      There are no pigs at Granger...

Comment

Waz up Granger Rangers. I'll be out camping at the PC next week from early Tuesday to late Thursday. I'll be taking my boat so I don't have to haul pigs back by foot. If any one want to join me or would like a ride to other side I can pick you up at the PBL at gate 7. Pm me if interested.

Comment

Haha ...im new to hunting and the thing I've learned from my limited three years of experience is you gotta put the work in and don't expect any help...people put in a lot of time and effort, especially public land, that they aren't giving up knowledge easy.
                          Expect to hike for a good 15 days or so and then you might get a shot at a sprinting pig haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasmade512 View Post
                            Originally posted by Danimal14
                            Haha ...im new to hunting and the thing I've learned from my limited three years of experience is you gotta put the work in and don't expect any help...people put in a lot of time and effort, especially public land, that they aren't giving up knowledge easy.
                            Expect to hike for a good 15 days or so and then you might get a shot at a sprinting pig haha
                            You gotta go to know...

Hook up with some one going and they can show you around; or you could try Sorefinger.

Comment

I've been going to Granger for a couple years now and have seen plenty of hogs. Was able to get off one shot but missed. I've hung our with Crod a couple times and Dirty Mike once. I understand the idea of keeping things hush hush, but again being out there alone can be risky. Best to have someone in case something happens. Not to worry, I wont give up hog heaven location to the newbees. Just looking to hang out with some like minded hunters and have a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                                You gotta go to know...

Hook up with some one going and they can show you around; or you could try Sorefinger.
                                Rat, I've been given the low down on sore finger.

Comment

Working...
                                X