No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was it a fixed blade Berber in a black sheeth?

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaG View Post
      Was it a fixed blade Berber in a black sheeth?

No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
        Hunt the Poop Planters fence line and feeder draw.
        You live in ft worth and put in for the granger draw???? Bahahahahahahaha. Wow................

Comment

Not intended for briar friar....was for the guy that lives 250 miles from granger asking for pointers.....that's hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by ATXBowRook View Post
            Hey All,

Just getting into the sport and looking to ease in locally. My brother and I are looking to plan a hunt here in December and will be spending a few weekends in between scouting the area. I wanted to see if you guys had any areas I need to avoid for the time being so we don't crowd anyone out of their usual spots or spook any game while you're at full draw. Really now looking to be "that guy" on our first hunt out here.

If you have a few spots for beginners we will appreciate it, but we don't expect anyone to just hand over the keys to the promise land either.
            Go hunt the sore finger area, I saw 50 hogs there yesterday, all running shots though.....I was running!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
              Go hunt the sore finger area, I saw 50 hogs there yesterday, all running shots though.....I was running!!!
              We had a lot of good times running hogs in sorefinger man. I've grown too old and fat to do all that running anymore. I think you and I went in by boat one time to hunt sorefinger. Did you walk in or take your boat?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Bubba's bulletman View Post
                We had a lot of good times running hogs in sorefinger man. I've grown too old and fat to do all that running anymore. I think you and I went in by boat one time to hunt sorefinger. Did you walk in or take your boat?
                You gotta walk. I've kicked up Deer and Coyotes on the way to hog heaven (Sore Finger) with Jnors06

Comment

Originally posted by strigif0rm3s View Post
                  You gotta walk. I've kicked up Deer and Coyotes on the way to hog heaven (Sore Finger) with Jnors06
                  You're right about that. I ain't got a boat Anymore.

Comment

I've gone a couple times this fall and only kicked up one pig. However, the grass and foliage is thick so they have lots of cover. Once it thins out in the next month or so they should be dropping at a much faster rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Bubba's bulletman View Post
                      You're right about that. I ain't got a boat Anymore.
                      Walked in for cardiovascular workout...lol

Comment

spartan31086: I will be the contrary one here. Yes, Sore Finger has lots of deer, but they are doe or medium (illegal) bucks. There is a monster buck I have seen the past two years on the south side of gate 7. Just 8 points, but massive antlers. Old deer, muzzle turning white.
                        Last edited by NightStalker; 11-13-2016, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Well I hunted Thursday evening the 10th. Seen several does just before dark, no hogs and had a feeder go off about 50 yards behind me. I'll be back out there Saturday morning.

Comment

Guys, please stop it with Sore Finger. Keep it up and our best honey hole will be screwed! I'm up to seven hogs I've taken from there!

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
                              Guys, please stop it with Sore Finger. Keep it up and our best honey hole will be screwed! I'm up to seven hogs I've taken from there!
                              Sorry Costa....we need the hogs killed though!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anybody here hunted coyotes in Granger? If so what methods you use? Thks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X