"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NightStalker View Post
    I have caught sea-run alligator gar in the granger dam tailrace (there are no dams between there and the gulf), but never an eel.
    Pretty cool.

The wife is >9months along...and Ive a hankerin to excurse to some hog before my new GRXHer hits the ground. Sure as **** Ill drop in the boat and get a call. I hear Flex or Speedgoat in my mind...."Do it. Do it now!"

Yee Hawg!

Comment

Originally posted by CARNAGE68 View Post
      His name is Larry. He own those cows across gate 7.
      I rescued one of his calves from the hog trap. It was dang near dead.

Isis spelled backwards is SISI.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
        Pretty cool.

The wife is >9months along...and Ive a hankerin to excurse to some hog before my new GRXHer hits the ground. Sure as **** Ill drop in the boat and get a call. I hear Flex or Speedgoat in my mind...."Do it. Do it now!"

Yee Hawg!
        I m always game. There are pigs on the island right now!!! Also, if you head West along the river's edge out of the parking lot at the primitive boat launch, you will find them bedded right off of the water. Go slow and look under the deadfall mid morning to mid afternoon.

Comment

Chief caught these yellow hogs below the dam this past Friday! Jeez Loueeze! Thats alotta meat.

Way to go Speedgoat. Larry has a new BFF!

Yee Cats!
          Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Thanks for posting them up bro!!!

Comment

Sitting in corn with shotgun, u prob kill a few, sounds like alot of cleaning....I don't want to be cleaning hogs at 2am...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                I rescued one of his calves from the hog trap. It was dang near dead.

***?!?!! Some people need to be beaten...

If you aren't gonna check your traps regularly then don't leave them armed...

Comment

Glad u saved that calf!

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
                    Glad u saved that calf!
                    Last time I saw him he was on core property west of the boat launch. He has a slight limp.

Comment

Just got back from Michigan's upper peninsula and have my son down here. I may have to take him out for a sit along the river. Found out some interesting news back home. Michigan banned all variants of wild pigs on game ranches and one of the local ranches got fined for importing Russian boar. He got mad at the state and let 75 pure Russian boar go in my brothers home town. My brother is a police officer and helped catch some with the game wardens. They only managed to catch 15 of them. May have to make a trip to stick some of those beasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ajcarricktx View Post
                        Just got back from Michigan's upper peninsula and have my son down here. I may have to take him out for a sit along the river. Found out some interesting news back home. Michigan banned all variants of wild pigs on game ranches and one of the local ranches got fined for importing Russian boar. He got mad at the state and let 75 pure Russian boar go in my brothers home town. My brother is a police officer and helped catch some with the game wardens. They only managed to catch 15 of them. May have to make a trip to stick some of those beasts.

Native Michigander here. They will have a healthy hog population in the next few years. I have buddies with many pics of hogs on state and private land in mid-Michigan. Go Blue!!

Comment

I have friends in the Clare area that farm and have had a few hogs but not many. I'm itching to stick one of the pure Russians that got loose in the U.P.

Comment

Oh and thank god you're not a state fan lol

Comment

Originally posted by ajcarricktx View Post

They should lock his *** up.

Comment

I will have to ask but they may have.

Comment

Working...
                                X