Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schultz1503 View Post
    23 years In the army, I love a good road March [emoji4]

Schultz I'll PM you a couple maps soon..

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Village View Post
        Now I need to learn about this county access point! I heard about such from a couple guys I ran into who didn't have orange and only one had a license. I assumed it wasn't completely legal and forgot about it.
        I'll send you a PM this afternoon with the details. Don't know how legit it is but I have seen the hunters trucks parked there a couple times this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer23 View Post
          I'll send you a PM this afternoon with the details. Don't know how legit it is but I have seen the hunters trucks parked there a couple times this year.

Hey Archer23 did you ever get any hogs that weekend?

Comment

Sure they werent just USACE workers? Ive noticed that the dead cow fence line has been cleared some...not all...but a few of the USACE benchmarks have been exposed that werent before. Maybe talking about different area.

I love the creek area...the bur oak near the confluence is a great highway marker. Seems like Momma Hog liked it better last year when all the feeders were running around there

Northwest corner of 95 and 29...in that pecan orchard...someone has started trapping...I hadnt seen prior...maybe just didnt notice before.

I think Im gonna venture to the other side of the ranch for a spell...apparently Yegua is swoll with hog

Comment

Hey Archer23 did you ever get any hogs that weekend?
              Got on a couple groups. Could not close the deal

Comment

Your honey hole and about 100 others thanks to this thread.
                No, thanks to you, it was your idea.

Comment

That day I came across a few large males too fast lol

Comment

Originally posted by CARNAGE68 View Post
                    No, thanks to you, it was your idea.
                    Yeah. I wish I could take it back. Seemed like a good idea at the time but that back fired.

Comment

Hiking experience will serve you well at Granger. Snake boots don't hurt.

Comment

How many of you are going to the GRXH?

Comment

Originally posted by CARNAGE68 View Post
                          I got double this morning, about two minutes apart. One is about 160 lbs. and the other about 50 lbs. The small one is no good (see picture).
                          You are truly the king.

Comment

We went to Gate 7 again this morning at 7:00. Today we went Northeast. Early on we heard, then saw, two piglets running around alone. Likely 20-25#. They crossed back about 15 yards behind us later, and never even saw us.

I need to spend some more time with my topo map. We got ourselves out onto some sort of giant peninsula, and when we turned North, there was a tent right across the water on the shore. It doesn't seem like this could have been the primitive camp, but what do I know? It was very open where we were, probably far too open to sneak up on anything. And crunchy. There were a couple of cleared and marked pathways.

Met a super nice guy at 9:00 on the way back out. He was going in the same way, but to thicker brush. I hope he found some critters.

Comment

Real nice all I want is one hog and I'll be happy no luck whatsoever how do you do it
                              Mileage!

Comment

That day I came across a few large males too fast lol
                                Thats why we call it wing shooting for pigs, shoot em in the lips!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X