No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm willing to participate. I even have another solo kayak for some one to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We could make a giant fleet of granger pig stickers and float the whole dang River

Comment

Originally posted by ajcarricktx View Post
        I'm willing to participate. I even have another solo kayak for some one to use.

I'd be down for some of that action

Comment

I can bring mine make it look like the Normandy invasion LOL

Comment

The Hog Frog and I are game. ( AJ and I coined my flatbottom Hog Frog due to a hitchhiking frog that was riding my bow when we pulled off the cutbank last time we went out.) Hoppin around for hogs! A killer and I have got a date this week with some pigs. Who wants to hunt in the mud? This guy does.

Yee Hawg!

Comment

Originally posted by ajcarricktx View Post
              One if by land two if by sea. I got me a new granger hog assault kayak. I picked up a native ultimate fx15 tandem. It can be converted to solo easily. 600 lb capacity and stable enough to stand in. It has plenty of room to stack gear and dead pigs. Pigs beware you've been put on notice!

I know we have talked about blaze orange a bunch... but what about actually hunting out of a boat at granger? legal? do you need blaze orange even if you are on the water?

Comment

Originally posted by Austinhunter30 View Post
                I know we have talked about blaze orange a bunch... but what about actually hunting out of a boat at granger? legal? do you need blaze orange even if you are on the water?

Stop trying to be the town crier. The kayak is used as a way to get to places to hunt hogs. It makes it easier to get to and from remote areas with your equipment and game if you are lucky enough to harvest. You are one step above PETA.

Comment

Does Jhill need to wear blaze orange when hunting bigfoot? Or would the GW have to prove bigfoot exists before giving him a ticket?

Free Jhill !!!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    Does Jhill need to wear blaze orange when hunting bigfoot? Or would the GW have to prove bigfoot exists before giving him a ticket?

Free Jhill !!!
                    Bigfoot would actually be an invasive species, so legal to hunt year round. Blaze is required though.

Comment

Tired of having to scroll down so far before I see this thread. So..... Anyone been? I used to hunt there during the summer when I was a lot younger and more angry at the pigs. I did have some luck late in the evenings. I think it's all the walking in the heat that discourages me nowadays. Maybe need to try that kayak thing. I know for a fact my kayak carries a deer well. A pig might be even better- less stuff hanging off and dragging. Anyway, I at least put it up to the top.

Comment

I haven't been in a while. May have to refill the thermacell and load the gear in the kayak for an evening excursion.

Comment

I went out Tuesday on my birthday and Friday. No kills.

Tuesday explored Willis Creek and jumped two log jams and eventually got blocked by a jam near CR 348, but minimal sign and no hogs upon a short stalk. Then skiffed all the way around to the San Gabriel and stalked around 7 where I saw sign but no hog. The main river had a good log jam that took some log stabbin and shovin, clogged up my motor, but got'er blownin after suckin off my motor water ejection. Good times.

Friday (yesterday) i saw lots of good sign on both sides of the Gabriel. I dropped off my blocker and went upstream to stalk down. I spooked a couple hogs in a deadfall at 20 yards. Backed off and waited a while. Then stalked up on a group at 40 yards through the brush and didnt have a fair shot before they caught my wind. Often I wonder if I need to just sling an arrow through the brush and not wait for that ultimately clear shot. I pushed to the my blocker but he never saw any critters.

(100 yards into my stalk a buddy called and said "Come shoot a hog at my place! Theyre at the house feeder at 7 pm sharp." I replied "Well dangit I wish youdve called earlier. I gotta let you go...Im hunting hog at Granger. Ill call you next week. Thanks for the invite.")

Yee Hawg!

Comment

Sorry to hear you didn't draw any blood. I'm glad to hear that you saw some. It's almost like the stars have to align out there to get a perfectly clear shot this time of year. There is a lot of vegetation out there. I've contemplated setting up a stand and giving it a few sits. I bet right at sunset would be the magic hour.

Comment

Camped out there last night. Saw some decent sign not too far from primitive camp. Didn't get eyes on any though. In town grabbing some supplies and headed back soon. Will probably do a little more fishing than hunting over the next 24.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                                I jumped two log jams and eventually got blownin after suckin off my motor water ejection. Good times.

Yee Hawg!

Man briar you take these posts to another level sometimes hahaha
                                Whatever floats your boat...nudge nudge..wink wink haha

Comment

Working...
                                X