No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually skirt the river ,any other areas ?

Comment

To be honest I haven't been there all that much. Just from reading......
      Been to 6 and 7 quite a few times. Seen pigs in those peninsulas A LOT.

Comment

Same here I stalk between 6 and 7 seen huge hogs but too far to get. At pecan grove I've seen deer stands left up on trees and blinds made from logs . Nice area

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisVonDanger View Post
          Still deciding, but I've narrowed it down between the San Gabriel or Pecan Grove, gonna see how the wind and weather is that morning and make a decision. when I get out there.

Sounds good! Yeah my girlfriends been wanting to try her hand at cooking rabbit, plus I haven't had rabbit in a while so that's really good to hear. Hopefully I can get 1 or 2 if I don't have any luck with the hogs.
          Pecan grove and San gabriel have way too much pressure right now, I saw close to 70 hogs yesterday eve in sore finger, chased them for 2 hours...

Comment

What's sore finger ?

Comment

Look at a granger lake map!

Comment

Sore finger is a long walk from parking area and best to have 3 or 4 hunters.

Comment

Thanks ill chk that

Comment

Sore finger is a honey hole if you really walk it!!!!!

Comment

Here is link to map with areas listed. San Gabriel is hunted the most and has the most pressure right now like chief said.

Comment

I'm retired I've got the time lol

Comment

Originally posted by strigif0rm3s View Post
                          Sore finger is a honey hole if you really walk it!!!!!
                          You still aint forgiven me huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                            You still aint forgiven me huh?
                            Never......

Comment

Originally posted by Schultz1503 View Post
                              Yup rack would do you right . Where's Gillespie county good hogs there?
                              It's the Fredericksburg area, and there are some pretty good hogs out there, rule of thumb is that if there is ranching/farming activity not far from water sources, you're probably gonna find hogs, at least in Texas. Most of the land is private though from what I gather though, so you gotta know someone.

Comment

Sucks trying to find a decent spot for hogs beside granger. I'm debating in going to Luninat WMA u can use rifle there.

Comment

Working...
                                X