No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cart has an arm attachment for my mountain bike seat post and where I kill pigs or a couple other tbhers, it's a flat ride pretty much..used it pretty often out there during deer season..I doubt we get drawn for the post card this year though. We killed alot of big bucks! I think total was 75 deer.

Comment

Congratulations, Xbow77:

Can you tell me more about your crossbow? Because of my shoulder and neck injuries, I'm afraid I'll have to go to a crossbow for hunting. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

I live close enough (Elgin), but have never hunted Granger. That may change. A trapper has just about depleted the nearby farm on which I've hunted pigs for the last decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Double-O-Dave View Post
          Congratulations, Xbow77:

Can you tell me more about your crossbow? Because of my shoulder and neck injuries, I'm afraid I'll have to go to a crossbow for hunting. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dave
          My crossbow is Excalibur Axiom. It's a recurve crossbow and entry level for Excalibur brand. Works great. It's simple, accurate and powerful enough for deer. It's my first crossbow too. Mine is pretty wide so it's kinda hard sometimes in thick brush but they make narrower ones. Recurve is low and easy to maintenance. Also string cocker tool makes it a lot easier to cock the xbow. Just let me know if you have more questions.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Xbow77 View Post
            My crossbow is Excalibur Axiom. It's a recurve crossbow and entry level for Excalibur brand. Works great. It's simple, accurate and powerful enough for deer. It's my first crossbow too. Mine is pretty wide so it's kinda hard sometimes in thick brush but they make narrower ones. Recurve is low and easy to maintenance. Also string cocker tool makes it a lot easier to cock the xbow. Just let me know if you have more questions.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
            Thanks, Xbow77. I appreciate the information.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Me and a buddy walked all of nine and most of seven. Jumped a sow and some piglets right off the bat in nine. Other than that lots of fresh sign in seven but no pigs. Time to find some different areas. I have a few in mind. It was nice for stalking today with every thing being wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

this stuff is great to keep ticks off!

Comment

I treat my hunting clothing with it and haven't had a tick on me yet. I retreat my hunting clothes every three months or so

Comment

Killa!!!

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post

Isis spelled backwards is SISI.

Comment

Originally posted by strigif0rm3s View Post
                      this stuff is great to keep ticks off!
                      http://www.amazon.com/Sawyer-Product.../dp/B00MA950E0
                      Gonna have to try it.

Isis spelled backwards is SISI.

Comment

Speedgoat if I remember right you're in the army. Your supply should have some if not they can get it. I got mine from the army.

Comment

Walked from 6 to the mouth of the river today trying to see if I could find some catfish, found a sounder of pigs on the riverbank, my dog barked at them and they swam! Sounded like a herd of elk...so green out now.

Comment

Hmmm. Might be a good weekend. Lake Granger is up 6 feet over conservation pool and rising. Corps have not opened the gates due to still high water levels in the Brazos around Navasota.

Hogs getting pushed out of their normal areas by rising water.

Can't fish, might as well hunt.
                            Last edited by NightStalker; 04-19-2016, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Granger now 8 feet over pool. This mornings rain will accelerate the increase

Comment

I need to go rescue my Sore Finger hogs. Hopefully it clears up tomorrow for afternoon rescue mission.

Comment

Working...
                                X