No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, if you have a boat that u can put in by yourself its a little more hassle to get the boat in and out but you have a floating cart for you, your dead pigs, corn, and stands...plus not even the hardest meth/crack head thieves get out in the thicketts in summer. Good point Rat!

Comment

Thanks for the encouraging words, gentlemen. It felt great to finally put a solid shot on a hog at Granager, but I obviously didn't get it in the sweet spot. I'll keep putting in the miles.

I sure wish I could make the GRXH. I have some family obligations that all but require me to be home at night except for necessary work trips--one-day hunts are my ticket. Hoping things turn out well and looking forward to the recap. Best of luck to y'all next weekend!

Comment

What have I been missing?? Had shoulder surgery Friday any hogs have been taken down ??

Comment

Went out to gate 5 today. I was going to fish a bit at the end of the road at gate 6 first since I was there around noon then head over to 5 or the horse shoe for the evening hunt. Got to anxious to hunt since the clouds were heavy and the wind was cool so I didn't fish and went strait to 5. Waited around some good activity until about 4:30 and got bored and left. Moral of the story is stick to the plan I guess. Bummer I didn't stay till I wanted but I am going to try the evenings during the week after work. Any of you guys go out this weekend?

Comment

Headed there this weekend, and can't get a straight answer on GRXH thread, can somebody please let me know what we need to be legal hunting out there? Or send me a pm?

Just hunter orange and then pick up a public hunting land permit? As well as regular hunting/fishing license?

And we can get these public permits at some store in Taylor?

Comment

Any place that sells hunting license will sell the public land permit also. (Academy).

Or you can just go to the TPWD website and buy all your license and permit needs on-line from the comfort of your own home and print them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                Headed there this weekend, and can't get a straight answer on GRXH thread, can somebody please let me know what we need to be legal hunting out there? Or send me a pm?

Just hunter orange and then pick up a public hunting land permit? As well as regular hunting/fishing license?

Duchess in circleville has all u need, aph permit 48 dollars and super combo hunting and fishing license if u plan to fish.

Comment

Or wal mart

Comment

Any place that sells Hunting and fishing license will have the APH. Just tell the clerk when you buy your license that you want the Annual Public Hunting permit. You guys have fun out there and be safe. Pictures or it didn't happen LOL

Comment

All on the first page of the GRXH Thread, just fyi

2) Required are the license for hunting and fishing, APH too! Look it up...

3) Hunter Orange is the LAW, wear it. 144 square inches chest and back plus a lid.

Public Land (APH) permits are sold anywhere hunting/fishing licenses are sold.

Comment

Originally posted by bho0351 View Post
                        All on the first page of the GRXH Thread, just fyi

2) Required are the license for hunting and fishing, APH too! Look it up...

3) Hunter Orange is the LAW, wear it. 144 square inches chest and back plus a lid.

Public Land (APH) permits are sold anywhere hunting/fishing licenses are sold.
                        Thanks guys. That's all I thought we needed. But kept getting mixed answers.

Comment

Thanks guys. That's all I thought we needed. But kept getting mixed answers.
                          all good, brotha!! Most important item is beer anyway

Comment

Originally posted by bho0351 View Post
                            all good, brotha!! Most important item is beer anyway
                            I just hope my 125qt ice chest is enough beer to at least make it to Saturday afternoon. But judging our track record when we go to kneeboard competitions. It won't last a day.

Comment

A few GRXH'ers spooked up some hogs that headed in my direction. I put a gut shot on one as they ran by. Tried tracking for about 40 minutes until it got too dark. Sorry fellas, I was hoping to drop a pig off at the PC. Sounds like y'all are having a good time over there though. Best of luck tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
                                A few GRXH'ers spooked up some hogs that headed in my direction. I put a gut shot on one as they ran by. Tried tracking for about 40 minutes until it got too dark. Sorry fellas, I was hoping to drop a pig off at the PC. Sounds like y'all are having a good time over there though. Best of luck tomorrow.
                                You can't shoot hogs with a gun out there..... Just fyi

Comment

Working...
                                X