"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
    It would be a great day! The rain makes all the crunchy leaves soft and silent!

Agreed! For once, I'm looking forward to El NiƱo this year, just to hunt pigs

Comment

Just got back. River wasn't bad at all and we went in a canoe. The rain is great for stalking. Walked right up on a group in a patch of thorns. Thought it was a log. Then thought "thats a pretty hairy log?". One jumped up and i shot right under him. The chase was on. Tried to run down a few football sized ones, but they won. Had a blast, even soaking wet and chili.

Sidenote, there wasn't a soul out there so you have the park to yourself if you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Neano View Post
        Just got back. River wasn't bad at all and we went in a canoe. The rain is great for stalking. Walked right up on a group in a patch of thorns. Thought it was a log. Then thought "thats a pretty hairy log?". One jumped up and i shot right under him. The chase was on. Tried to run down a few football sized ones, but they won. Had a blast, even soaking wet and chili.

Sidenote, there wasn't a soul out there so you have the park to yourself if you go.
        Thanks for the report on the river.

Comment

I'm looking to try and get out there tomorrow. Rain gear and all.
          Last edited by HogKilla; 10-24-2015, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Neano, didn't u get drawn for deer, screw them hogs, u can kill them after jan...and u ain't gonna walk and stalk and kill a doe...well it's possible but it's better to be in a tree, we're you walking and stalking because of the rain...

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
              Neano, didn't u get drawn for deer, screw them hogs, u can kill them after jan...and u ain't gonna walk and stalk and kill a doe...well it's possible but it's better to be in a tree, we're you walking and stalking because of the rain...
              Was walking and stalking due to the rain and had a buddy with me. I went to sit in my deer blind for the evening hunt. Only to find that my stuff had been jacked. So not sure what to do for deer hunting now. Tired of taking stuff out there just for it to disappear. It was a good ways into an area I never see hunters. Frustrating to say the least.

Comment

Dang man that sucks to hear....happened to me to last summer. ..we should put up a community boobie trap and catch these aholes

Comment

Was walking and stalking due to the rain and had a buddy with me. I went to sit in my deer blind for the evening hunt. Only to find that my stuff had been jacked. So not sure what to do for deer hunting now. Tired of taking stuff out there just for it to disappear. It was a good ways into an area I never see hunters. Frustrating to say the least.
                  You aint the only one man...lost some stuff already this year. Funny thing is that some of it has been out there for months then just started getting messed with lately.

Comment

Good luck to all the scrubs hunting this morning. Looking for rain gear as we speak......need if for the future....

Comment

That sucks. I'm always worried about that. Was y'alls stuff locked?

Comment

That sucks, Try switching to a climber. That what I use so I don't have to worry about crap like that.

Comment

Who steals stands? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by YogaBall View Post
                            Who steals stands? Really?
                            A....holes!!

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                              Dang man that sucks to hear....happened to me to last summer. ..we should put up a community boobie trap and catch these aholes
                              Let me know. I'll be more than glad to help.

Comment

Hoglick and I went out this morning and kicked up a group of five living in a teepee, they had built a fire and had a door, these Granger pigs are smart...and fast as hell.
                                Later spooked a lone boar that I could of sworn was a duck haha.
                                I didn't get a shot off on either one because I suck...was a good time as usual

Comment

Working...
                                X