No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Granger Ranger Xtreme Hog Hunt is 27 Feb thru 1 Mar. Follow the link below. Currently 62 folks signed up. Bring anything you want, but not food. Join use. New meat is always welcome, you will get a good intro into some of the spots that hold fair amounts of hogs. Hunter orange required and APH and thick skin. Read the rules on page one !!!!

There will be beer drinking, it is not classified as food,

Last edited by Wudstix; 02-14-2015, 04:42 PM.

Comment

The White Bass Madness has started.....and I'm not talking about the fish.

When I drove by the steps an hour before sunup, there were 9 cars already, when I came back by about 2:00 I counted 30 vehicles. No thanks.

Went behind the PC today, hadn't been there in a few weeks. Did not see any fresh sign, much different than earlier this year. You GRXHers bring plenty of fishing gear.

Comment

Catch it, Kill it, Find it, Or Stomp it. Those are the rules. Catfish tastes almost as good as pork.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
          Catch it, Kill it, Find it, Or Stomp it. Those are the rules. Catfish tastes almost as good as pork.
          I did see a skunk go into his burrow. If anyone gets desperate, PM me and I'll send you his GPS coords.

Comment

One year it was a rotten Pecan. Another it was one squirrel. Last year we got tired of pork with nine on the ground. With 62 Rangers and then the locals pushing pigs I'm sure we'll eat.

Comment

Mmm, reaping the rewards of some hard hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Drahthaar View Post

I hope it tasted as good as it looks! It's a great feeling to cook what you killed. Makes me wanna get back out there and get slaying. Nice motivational p

Comment

Originally posted by Endo View Post
                  The White Bass Madness has started.....and I'm not talking about the fish.

When I drove by the steps an hour before sunup, there were 9 cars already, when I came back by about 2:00 I counted 30 vehicles. No thanks.

Went behind the PC today, hadn't been there in a few weeks. Did not see any fresh sign, much different than earlier this year. You GRXHers bring plenty of fishing gear.
                  30 cars and they aint biting yet, people just enjoying the sun...

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebowbeast86 View Post
                    Thanks guys. I think we will put some boots on the ground at the beginning of March and see what kind of luck we have.
                    March pretty much will start being to green your late to the game.....

Comment

Jug lines for grxh....everyone bring one with two hooks and a weight at the bottom...catfish and beer...im happy with this...

Comment

Originally posted by Drahthaar View Post

Looks tasty, Drahthaar! Is this from your headshot pig or another one?

I went out this morning and only scared up three pigs and a rabbit. I wonder if they're on private lands, or holed up somewhere no one has found yet. Hope the fishing is good by Granger Ranger!

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                          I blame jim beam for this post
                          Dont sweat it. I am guilty of PWI on occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by TXAggie06 View Post
                            I hope it tasted as good as it looks! It's a great feeling to cook what you killed. Makes me wanna get back out there and get slaying. Nice motivational p
                            It did! Had pork chops last night and chorizo and eggs this morning. Had to get a chest freezer to put it all in And, you're right, was a good feeling to have worked hard for it (I had to carry the **** thing more than a mile) Made it taste even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Village View Post
                              Looks tasty, Drahthaar! Is this from your headshot pig or another one?

I went out this morning and only scared up three pigs and a rabbit. I wonder if they're on private lands, or holed up somewhere no one has found yet. Hope the fishing is good by Granger Ranger!
                              Thanks, Village, it was the headshot one. I've "misplaced" a few arrows since, but am still working on hitting a small target going 30 mph with an arrow

"Only" scaring up 3 pigs sounds like a good day to me. Let me know when you want to go out

Comment

Wing shooting for pigs is Granger hog hunting.

Comment

Working...
                                X