No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want this one so bad, but can't find it anywhere in the US. Muela Alcaraz 26N

Comment

Originally posted by bushcraftbrandon View Post
      pssssssst, don't tell anyone you actually bought it.
      lmao, good one mr yogapants
      He can take it and give it.

Comment

That academy knife made me laugh, not going to buy that though.

Comment

From what I understand it is a Federal offense to carry your weapon on Corp (federal) land.

Kinda stupid if you ask me. We own the federal land and we can carry other firearms...

You don't need it anyway; just carry a big knife. That one from Academy looks like it would be perfect for Granger.

Don't be scared; if yer scared stay at home!

Comment

Originally posted by taylor202 View Post
            Yeah that is kind of what I am thinking. I just hate hunting pigs without a sidearm. I have been charged before and it was scary as hell
            All u have to do is wear red and stand out in one of the open fields in granger...they come after u every time...piglets will even nip at ur ankles...

Comment

packaging spelling fail FTW!!
              "boardom" lol

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                "boardom" lol
                That's not the only fail...

Comment

Headed out Thursday to slay some swine! Probably catch a few whites during lunch... haven't fished out there before, any tips or secrets yall would share?

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
                    I want this one so bad, but can't find it anywhere in the US. Muela Alcaraz 26N
                    I want that one too, that's a fancy pig sticker right there.....

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post

"boardom" lol

I'm thinking you failed to realize the play on words there

Pig sticker... BOARdom

Comment

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Last edited by bho0351; 02-04-2015, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Following up on what Rat said--If you remember from yer TX CHL class, when they told you you couldn't carry on Federal property? In most of normal daily life, as my CHL instructor told me, that basically means the post office. Unfortunately it likely means Corps land as well.

As I understand it, it's not "a carrying a gun while bowhunting" issue--it's a "carrying on Federal property/land" issue.

Comment

The way I think about hunting pigs without a gun is--our ancestors (whether you're European, Native American, etc) wiped out the wooly mammoth and sabertooth tiger using stone tipped spears--they took down 10,000 lb animals at touching distance with stone tools.

So if I can't kill a 200lb pig with a steel knife, I'm a coward and I deserve to die while my ancestors look down on me with scorn.

Comment

Originally posted by ATX762 View Post
                              The way I think about hunting pigs without a gun is--our ancestors (whether you're European, Native American, etc) wiped out the wooly mammoth and sabertooth tiger using stone tipped spears--they took down 10,000 lb animals at touching distance with stone tools.

So if I can't kill a 200lb pig with a steel knife, I'm a coward and I deserve to die while my ancestors look down on me with scorn.

Spot on. MOST Humans today are such hunting wimps.....not anyone at grxh obviously

Comment

Originally posted by bushcraftbrandon View Post
                                Spot on. MOST Humans today are such hunting wimps.....not anyone at grxh obviously
                                Imagine the pucker factor of having a ****** off mammoth trying to squish you or skewer you with those tusks!

Comment

Working...
                                X