• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet and cold..gonna get on those hogs. Heading out from Killeen

Comment

Originally posted by jackster1978 View Post
      Wet and cold..gonna get on those hogs. Heading out from Killeen

Your one dedicated dude. If the weather is anything like it is down here in Victoria right now your plain nuts! good luck brother. We need to share a camp again! Hope you can make it in January 16th camp

Comment

Good seeing ya Jackster, sorry I didn't stop really to say hey, pretty ticked I got there later then I wanted, left my rain gear at home, and didn't have my waterproof feathers. Hit the river, got to where I wanted to be, saw a big 5x5 for Texas standard, and smelt a hog, then left by 0945 because all my feathers were completely useless, the back up coat was too puffy and the string slapped on every stump shot, and it was too dang cold/wet for not having my gear. Hopefully I pushed something towards you on my way out Jackster!

Comment

And do duck hunters have to wear orange if on the bank? Ran in to 2 guys in camo who said they were scouting for ducks, woulda walked right by if not for the one whistling at me.

Comment

Who needs to wear orange right now? I thought all the drawn hunts were over....

Comment

As I read it in the regs as long as there's a season involving guns going on you gotta wear orange. So shotguns for small game is year long there meaning year round orange. Please someone correct me so then I can stop we airing my orange. It broke today

Comment

Well now this is how it played out. We met up with danimal and jumped some hogs by the river. No shots. Heard gunshots and went back up to the top by private land. Nothing else was observed except we saw deer everywhere. There ain't no deer at Granger.

DM, Brother I should be out there in jan. Hammocks were big for Christmas. Just trying to figure out the UQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracker0721 View Post
                  As I read it in the regs as long as there's a season involving guns going on you gotta wear orange. So shotguns for small game is year long there meaning year round orange. Please someone correct me so then I can stop we airing my orange. It broke today
                  You are correct. That's what we were told during the draw hunts.

Comment

Bloodtrailer you score on a deer?

Comment

Those that drew deer tags should like up with some hog hunters...we jump so many deer when we go out.

Comment

I jumped that big buck literally within 5 minutes. Maybe 10yds away.

Comment

Btw I have a Martin X-150 "60 55#@28 for sale. Asking $150. Comes with a string. Text me if interested. 512-350-7523

Comment

Recurve.

Comment

Originally posted by jackster1978 View Post
                              Bloodtrailer you score on a deer?
                              Got in on the standby last year. Got my two does and a buck wish I would have been drawn this year!

Comment

I thought you drew the lucky ticket this year. My mistake.

Comment

Working...
                                X