No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was hunting on the south side of the river near all of those big pecan trees along the power line. Walk slowly cause i would have never seen them if my buddy didn't mention it to me. Good luck. there are at least three learge pure russians there jet black. Bigger than the one I shot.

Comment

Yer right, it was a LONG hump back from the powerlines (checkpoint VI) dragging a 100 lb hog. Did you ever weight it, was it about 100 lbs?

Comment

That sounds like a good time. Well except the long haul back. When is the bbq?

Comment

I am waiting for the pics from my buddy and will post them soon. He smoked half of it last weekend and he said it was really good. I think we will smoke the rest this weekend. Never got to weight it but I would say at least 80-90 lbs.

Comment

going out tomorrow to try the **** and gate 6 and 7. Hey Grangerboars what area of the **** were you at when you saw the group of hogs? (Refer to pictures from page 1 of thread)

Comment

Here is the pic of the hog me and my buddy got the other day. Im guessing it was around 80-90lbs. But if you were to ask us how muched it weighed by the time we made it to the truck it felt more like 200. There are definatley bigger ones out there but I think this is the prefect size to smoke for hours. At the time and how big the group was that we busted I wish we would have shot another but I would have been so worn out making that trip twice.

Oh and diamondstud254 I shot the hog while it was sleeping right in between roman numerals 6 and 8 (prolly a little closer to six). If I were you I would park at the dam were everyone parks to fish and then circle around where they release water walk up the cut road along the spillway. When you get to the first field to your right take a right and walk about 100 yards and glass the strip of land cut there, if nothin go back to the spillway road and walk all the way down to the powerline and take a right. This is when you have to walk 10 steps and stop, listen, then take another ten. Do this all the way down till it dead ends to a creek. Once you get to the creek take a left and walk the creek and keep looking down into it, there are tons of wallows down in there with all the new rains. Let me know how this works out for you .
              Attached Files

Comment

hey grangerboars thanks for the advice I'll let you know how it works out tomorrow.

Comment

Hey Grangerboar that's a nice bow. When U gonna come get your half of the pig i smoked?

Comment

Ha nice. Oh I forgot to ask you if you could help me remove some trees in the backyard. I figured it would be pretty easy for you since all you need to do is jump on them and it breaks and fall over. That was so funny. Lets smoke the rest this weekend and drink some beer and watch some football. Or lets hit up the crawfish for a game.

Comment

LOL next time ill be in a tree before you shoot!! Im down for some crawfish, lets hit up the woods in the morning see if any pork is on the loose

Comment

Originally posted by Stickslanger View Post
                        LOL next time ill be in a tree before you shoot!! Im down for some crawfish, lets hit up the woods in the morning see if any pork is on the loose
                        Where do you guys eat crawfish?

Comment

Went out yesterday it was HOT. Saw about 16 deer (half of them decent bucks) running around taunting me because they know I can't shoot them. No sign of hogs. Saw some snakes too. Where are they?>!?!

Comment

Man, I was pumped to go out today and kill a hog till you said snakes. Rattlers or Maccasons?

Comment

naw just some non poisonous snakes no worries man one of them was on the road and the other was sitting in a field acting lathargic. Good luck with the hogs.

Comment

There is a place in plugerville that my buddy says has some great crawfish and oysters. Im not sure of the name but its suppose to have some great cajun food. Ill find out the name and let you know. I have seen some snakes to but they have been small and on the road. We have killed about three and they were cotten mouths. Wish I would have gone out this morning it would have been a nice morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X