Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

During GRXH I put arrow #2 into the first pig as it jumped up from laying down and ran around me. Put it into her cheek bone. Lead it bit too much. MOAB faster than I thought. She was still standing doing the death wobble and eventually surcumbed to a Rage through the chest (courtesy of crod888) and a BK 5 to the lungs (courtesy of me). Head shoots on pigs don't do much.
    Last edited by Wudstix; 04-13-2014, 04:14 PM.

Comment

hunting at the dam is good on the south side of the outlet most of the time and not too many fishermen!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by techzan View Post
        Trevor- you need to wear an orange vest & orange hat, also.

Honestly, you dont need to wear any blaze at Granger. None of the members of this board follow the rules and wear blaze, and therefore are poachers. Dont let these guys fool you, warden is well aware of a few from this group.

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
          I will meet yall out there but i will be in my boat with a stringer full of crappie and catfish. too green to much poison ivy too many ticks for me. i will see u guys in sept oct time frame.....
          You finally get a fishing license after all these years ... or still keepin a low profile on the lake?

Comment

Originally posted by Austinhunter30 View Post
            Honestly, you dont need to wear any blaze at Granger. None of the members of this board follow the rules and wear blaze, and therefore are poachers. Dont let these guys fool you, warden is well aware of a few from this group.
            Not sure who you run into, but 100% of the time I have seen hog hunters/deer hunters they were wearing their orange.

Comment

Originally posted by Zipshod View Post
              Not sure who you run into, but 100% of the time I have seen hog hunters/deer hunters they were wearing their orange.
              Yup, I know we do as well as the people I have seen hunting. Only one I dont see in Orange are the fisherman standing on the shore.

Comment

Austinhunter30 is nothing but pond scum... He likes to lurk on this thread and troll, specifically geared towards TXUSNavyChief.

Reported.

Comment

Originally posted by Zipshod View Post
                  Originally posted by Drewboy22 View Post
                  Yup, I know we do as well as the people I have seen hunting. Only one I dont see in Orange are the fisherman standing on the shore.
                  +1

I was refraining on making a comment... I don't know the guy so I know that the comment wasn't towards me...

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                    Austinhunter30 is nothing but pond scum... He likes to lurk on this thread and troll, specifically geared towards TXUSNavyChief.
                    Reported.
                    Did somebody say Troll? Maybe. Whatever. I bet you'll find out that Austinhunter30 isn't even an Austin hunter but he's far from pond scum. He's actually a good guy. In fact, if your were in his shoes, you might be on here using a name like Austinhunter30. And No, I don't know him or who he is or anything else about him but yeah I do know him.
                    Figure that out!

Comment

The question is... how is it poaching if your not wearing orange??? Its a PHL... Are the fish gonna tell on you? LOL! Im sure the GW will have a nice present for you. It comes in paper form, looks like a ticket, you send money in and get nothing in return... sounds like a scam to me. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzifux259 View Post
                        The question is... how is it poaching if your not wearing orange??? Its a PHL... Are the fish gonna tell on you? LOL! Im sure the GW will have a nice present for you. It comes in paper form, looks like a ticket, you send money in and get nothing in return... sounds like a scam to me. LOL!
                        I'm glad you asked... lets define "poacher" :

noun: poacher; plural noun: poachers
                        A person who hunts or catches game or fish illegally.

By definition - it is illegal to hunt on public land without wearing blaze orange. So - by definition - if you are hunting illegally - you are POACHING !

Based on that, I was correct about some of the board members being "poachers." Its not cool when a few bad apples ruin a great thing (like public hunting) for everyone else. For the legit hunters out there, if you see anyone walking around without wearing blaze orange while hunting, please remind them of the rules. A friendly reminder can go a long way. We all need to be good stewards of our public lands and ensure they are safe not only for us, but future generations.

Comment

By definition - it is illegal to hunt on public land without wearing blaze orange. So - by definition - if you are hunting illegally - you are POACHING !

Based on that, I was correct about some of the board members being "poachers." Its not cool when a few bad apples ruin a great thing (like public hunting) for everyone else. For the legit hunters out there, if you see anyone walking around without wearing blaze orange while hunting, please remind them of the rules. A friendly reminder can go a long way. We all need to be good stewards of our public lands and ensure they are safe not only for us, but future generations.
                          I completely agree with you. But, my perception of poaching is more severe than just not wearing blaze orange during hunting. However, yes it is a rule to wear the required items for hunting on PHLs, which everyone that I ran into on Granger has been wearing their required gear. The individuals that I see as poachers are the igdiots using shotguns huntin hogs on Granger... dang cheaters. I can use the excuse, "I didn't know" too, but there is a reason why TWPD issues a dang book with your PHL. Excuses are for the delinquent minds of the incompetent... and those individuals should have their PHLs revoked.

Comment

Here we go again. This coming from the same guy who, last year, said it was ok to hunt pigs with a rifle and night hunt out at Granger. That would make you a poacher as well, would it not?

Comment

Originally posted by RickyS View Post
                              Did somebody say Troll? Maybe. Whatever. I bet you'll find out that Austinhunter30 isn't even an Austin hunter but he's far from pond scum. He's actually a good guy. In fact, if your were in his shoes, you might be on here using a name like Austinhunter30. And No, I don't know him or who he is or anything else about him but yeah I do know him.
                              Figure that out!
                              Thanks Bro. How are things down in POC?

Comment

Hear is an easy solution, if your out hunting just put on a vest and if you do hunt with a vest more power to you. It would really suck if we couldn't hunt at granger anymore. Hell i cant afford a lease so this is the only hunting i get to do. New rule for grxh should be if you hunt without your orange you have to do a bunch of waterfalls than jump in the river.

Comment

Working...
                                X