hunt anywhere there are pecans still on the ground
    this ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
      Hunt anywhere there are pecans still on the ground
      Also around the bur oaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Neano View Post
        Did the 6 to 7 loop today. Jumped two groups of hogs. Jumped one of them three times as we kept trying to get closer. Just couldn't get in close enough for the shot. Had a lot of fun though. Somebody had some dogs running out there today. Heard them for most of the afternoon. Not sure if they were after hogs or rabbits, but they were loud as can be.
        Illegal to hunt hogs on corps property with dogs but you can use them for rabbits . doves. quail. squirrel

Comment

Originally posted by Comehere deer View Post
          Also around the bur oaks.
          Are these the ones that produce the golf ball sized nut? yes hogs love these too...lol

Comment

A buddy & I are going hog hunting tomorrow and I'd like to take the Jon Boat so we can hunt on both sides. What boat ramp should I use?

Comment

Originally posted by techzan View Post
              A buddy & I are going hog hunting tomorrow and I'd like to take the Jon Boat so we can hunt on both sides. What boat ramp should I use?
              Here...

Comment

I was out there this morning, junped a group at the steps no shots. I walked towards 95 and jumped 4 near a stand they were laing in a brush, i was able to cut across where i thought they were going and got with in 30 yards, the big brown one was tough enough to give me a broad side shot, and i missed . On my way back to the truck I saw what i thought was a tire about 10 yards (lesson learned, at lake granger what u think is a tire there is a big chance its a pig) as soon is a I said to my buddy "is that a pig or a tire?" About 8 jumped 1 big black one a fat brown and a bunch of 50 60lb black pigs. I wasn't ready!!!! Well I had fun

Comment

Originally posted by Z7buckmaster View Post
                  I was out there this morning, junped a group at the steps no shots. I walked towards 95 and jumped 4 near a stand they were laing in a brush, i was able to cut across where i thought they were going and got with in 30 yards, the big brown one was tough enough to give me a broad side shot, and i missed . On my way back to the truck I saw what i thought was a tire about 10 yards (lesson learned, at lake granger what u think is a tire there is a big chance its a pig) as soon is a I said to my buddy "is that a pig or a tire?" About 8 jumped 1 big black one a fat brown and a bunch of 50 60lb black pigs. I wasn't ready!!!! Well I had fun
                  That is awesome. I plan on going out this afternoon for a short walk. Hopefully get a shot at some hogs.

Comment

It the first time i seen pigs there and the second time i hunted there

Comment

Originally posted by Z7buckmaster View Post
                      It the first time i seen pigs there and the second time i hunted there
                      Can you make it out next Wednesday? I should be out then, and maybe Chief and I can push some hot spots and try to put you on a pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
                        Can you make it out next Wednesday? I should be out then, and maybe Chief and I can push some hot spots and try to put you on a pig.
                        I would love to, but next Wednesday I'm working so I can take Friday off for the GRXH, I think I can go Sunday afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                          Anytime, let us know im sure that anyone would let you hook up with them.
                          Can you hunt them if from out of state?

Comment

Originally posted by hammer123 View Post
                            Can you hunt them if from out of state?
                            You just need the Annual Public Hunting Permit (License #173). It's $48.00 for the year. It's the same permit for Resident's and Non-Resident's.

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                              Are these the ones that produce the golf ball sized nut? yes hogs love these too...lol
                              This is what Bur oak corns are all about.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
                                You just need the Annual Public Hunting Permit (License #173). It's $48.00 for the year. It's the same permit for Resident's and Non-Resident's.
                                You need a state of Texas hunting license also.

Comment

Working...
                                X