Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackster1978 View Post
    Hello All,

New to the forum and probably heading out to Granger this weekend to fish and look around for some hogs. You folks have supplied a wealth of info on here...Thank You. Quick question; how do i find out info about GRXH?

Greg
    Welcome to the fire!

Here ya go:

Comment

Howdy Ya'll

Been reading and have enjoyed what has been posted. Ill be looking forward in meeting you guy as time goes by. I mainly hunt Fort Hood Hogs this year. Think its time to join the fun if you guy have room.

Comment

Originally posted by MajDad View Post
        Been reading and have enjoyed what has been posted. Ill be looking forward in meeting you guy as time goes by. I mainly hunt Fort Hood Hogs this year. Think its time to join the fun if you guy have room.
        Sorry, there aren't enough hogs at Granger for another hunter to join in........

Welcome!

It sounds like with all this fresh blood a weekend hog drive is in order.

Comment

[quote=Sneaky;8151425]Welcome to the fire!

Here ya go:

Thank you Sneaky for the link. Sounds like it will be a blast.

Comment

Hey TxTyler. I appreciate the offer but the wheels are the few parts that I do have. I was out yesterday trying to part together the frame. I wanted to bend conduit but it looks like threaded black pipe might be easier.

What part of Pf. are you in. Possibly we travel in the same circles. My kids go to school there (Hendrickson HS). We live East of Pf. Out in the country. Near Cele BBQ.

Comment

Originally posted by PigAddiction View Post
              Hey TxTyler. I appreciate the offer but the wheels are the few parts that I do have. I was out yesterday trying to part together the frame. I wanted to bend conduit but it looks like threaded black pipe might be easier.

What part of Pf. are you in. Possibly we travel in the same circles. My kids go to school there (Hendrickson HS). We live East of Pf. Out in the country. Near Cele BBQ.
              Ah cool. Yeah I live right by Hendrickson. A couple of neighborhoods over. I can hear the band sometimes practicing I guess RickyS can have the tires if you're not needing them

Comment

Txtyler, we're practically neighbors. We should get together on those hogs.
                Anyone else for that matter.

I came across 35-40 hogs today. Some really big, some kinda bid and all the way down to the wieners. They were in the thick. I got my stalk on and was in range and one presented itself but I was being watched by a lot of eyes and out of position and came home without. Definitely, someone one the other side would have made the difference.

Also saw over 25 deer in a heard. Nice buck too. Must be still a little early to hunt for drops.

Comment

If anyone is headed out this weekend I would love to join.

Comment

Originally posted by joey View Post
                    If anyone is headed out this weekend I would love to join.
                    Sunday afternoon is a possibility for me - if I go out I will surely let you know! I've got a new 250 acre private property that I've been given access to for hunting hogs (and deer), so I might be touring it then as well.

Comment

Went out today didn't spot any hogs but killed plenty of squirrels

Comment

Here is my solution to the mountain bike game trailer. The hand truck is from Lowes, I already had one. With $8 of hardware for the connection, I was in business. It worked better at Granger back when they kept the trails mowed.

Yeah, larger wheels would decrease rolling resistance, but in low low gear, it was quite manageable. And the price was right for something I only used a couple of times a year.
                        Last edited by NightStalker; 01-16-2014, 10:39 PM. Reason: add text

Comment

If anyone is interested in teaming up today, I'll be at 7 at 3:30-4:00 today.

Comment

Pigs might be pushed further back a bunch of bird watchers came through just about hr ago

Comment

My buddy and I went out today. Parked at steps crossed the river and headed to the spot. Worked the East fence of the private land and didn't see anything until we worked the North fence. I jump four hogs there and my buddy got a shot off at the last one. We track blood all the way back to the East private land fence where we could go no further. No hog but at least he got to see some hogs and first draw blood. Also saw a large coyote while we were waiting for the hog to bleed out, but I yelped too soon and couldn't get a shot off before it ran away.

Comment

ran into a guy this morning said he walked up on about thirty hogs but was his first day stalked hunting and never saw them til it was to late and they went to running. Most likely heading out in the morning if anyone is up to go just let me know.

Comment

Working...
                                X