"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PigAddiction View Post
    It took me 2 1/2 hours to drag my little 6 pointer out of Luminant last fall. Not fun but worth it.
    I'm working on a two wheel trailer to pull behind my Mt. Bike to use at Granger. There is so much open space to ride in and would definitely make it easier.
    Unless you have supplies to build for free it is cheaper to buy a game cart at end of season. Or look for some of the kid carriers on craigs list for towing behind a bike. I thought the bike was a good idea when I first started granger. Found out it really aint. IMO too thick and rough of a ride. Guess it depends on what unit you like hunting the most.

Comment

On area 6 you could ride East, keeping just north of the woods for a mile or more. I figured, ride out, hunt, ride back.
      I'll look into buying something. Conduit and junk bike parts would make a nice trailer.

Comment

On area 6 you could ride East, keeping just north of the woods for a mile or more. I figured, ride out, hunt, ride back.
        I'll look into buying something. Conduit and junk bike parts would make a nice trailer.
        Talk to txtyler about his. He might even have some parts for u

Comment

Howdy,

Mike here. 1st Post. Glad it is to a great thread. I've really enjoyed reading through it.

I Retired at Fort Hood a few years ago and finally am finding time to do some real hunting. Had friends put me on some WT does and a nice old buck this year, all with crossbow, so life is good.

REALLY looking forward to giving Granger a try.

Off to NM tomorrow for a gun hunt with a buddy that I servied in Iraq with...six days away from work is a great thing.

Anyway, take care y'all.

Mike out.

Comment

I have a couple bike wheels you can have. Like Dirty said, probably cheaper to find something on craigslist or Gander Mountain/Academy within the next few weeks at 50% off...

Comment

Originally posted by falmike View Post
              Howdy,

Mike here. 1st Post. Glad it is to a great thread. I've really enjoyed reading through it.

I Retired at Fort Hood a few years ago and finally am finding time to do some real hunting. Had friends put me on some WT does and a nice old buck this year, all with crossbow, so life is good.

Off to NM tomorrow for a gun hunt with a buddy that I servied in Iraq with...six days away from work is a great thing.

Anyway, take care y'all.

Mike out.

Hey Mike,

Welcome aboard. Check out the GRXH (Granger Ranger Extreme Hunt) going on next month at Granger.

Comment

Originally posted by joey View Post
                Anyone do any coyote hunting on public land?
                You better be in a tree when you call'em up at Granger. At Cracker Barrel restaurant they sell a battery op toy that looks like a weasel and rolls all over the place. Get one and tie it on the end of a stick 10 or 12 yards from your tree stand and start calling.

Comment

[QUOTE=TxTyler;8149667]I have a couple bike wheels you can have./QUOTE]

Scooter, why haven't you told me you have free bike wheels?

TxTyler goes by Scooter in real life. Here's your facebook profile pic Scooter in case you want to use it here.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by RickyS; 01-15-2014, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                    Hey Mike,

Welcome aboard. Check out the GRXH (Granger Ranger Extreme Hunt) going on next month at Granger.
                    Thank you very much for the tip.

Comment

All are welcome at GRXH. Great time with 40 plus friends, some of whom you have not met yet.

Comment

Howdy,

Anyway, take care y'all.

Mike out.
                        Welcome to the fire, and thanks for your service, Mike. Feel free to PM me and I'll give you my contact info - I usually hunt Granger at least once a week. Of course, as Sackett said, consider coming to GRXH!

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
                          Welcome to the fire, and thanks for your service, Mike. Feel free to PM me and I'll give you my contact info - I usually hunt Granger at least once a week. Of course, as Sackett said, consider coming to GRXH!
                          Hi Sir,

I appreciate it.

I don't have enough Posts to PM. Can you please send me your email and I will send me your info?

Thanks.

Mike

Comment

Hi Sir,

I appreciate it.

I don't have enough Posts to PM. Can you please send me your email and I will send me your info?

Thanks.

Mike
                            It don't take long to get the post count up. plenty to b/s about here. I think someone said if you have to have a degree in b/s just to post on this thread.

And yes, you need to make it to GRXH

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                              It don't take long to get the post count up. plenty to b/s about here. I think someone said if you have to have a degree in b/s just to post on this thread.

And yes, you need to make it to GRXH
                              Thank you.

I will be back on as soon as I get back from my trip to NM.

Mike

Comment

Hello All,

New to the forum and probably heading out to Granger this weekend to fish and look around for some hogs. You folks have supplied a wealth of info on here...Thank You. Quick question; how do i find out info about GRXH?

Greg

Comment

Working...
                                X