No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having complications doing it. But awesome day hunting. I now understand why everyone goes in groups because there are to many to keep track of.

Comment

Great story comehere deer! Damm nice hog. Am I understanding, you took it with a left quarter frontal shot from 8 yards? From the pic it looks like an exit wound halfway back on the right side.

Comment

Originally posted by joey View Post
        Having complications doing it. But awesome day hunting. I now understand why everyone goes in groups because there are to many to keep track of.
        If you email me the pic I'll post it for ya. You have a PM

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
          Generally I hunt in the WMA area.
          Yall are too funny.

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
          Specifically, are you hunting in Texas? If so, I know that spot and there's some big ones there.

I usually start of at 6 (Brownsville), but sometime I like to roll in at 4 (El Paso) to throw them off.

Comment

How do you upload them and I went to 7and I ran into a but load. Then aftergoing back to pick up my pig another 200plus hog came out of the brush
            LDP or it didn't happen! 200 pigs sounds like a hell of an exaggeration.

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
              LDP or it didn't happen! 200 pigs sounds like a hell of an exaggeration.
              That's what I was thinkin! 200!

Comment

Hell granger having pigs sounded like that to me before today. Whats funny is I found the further back I went the more corn and pig bait I found then when I went back for the pig I walked up on a guy against a tree wearing no orange and holding a deer rifle. Got to love people who poach and you shoot and run gis pigs off!

Comment

How do you upload them and I went to 7and I ran into a but load. Then aftergoing back to pick up my pig another 200plus hog came out of the brush
                  When you say 200 plus hog, you are referring to weight, right? Congrats on the successful hunt.

Comment

Yes weight and im gussing it the one spotted by another hunter that is on this thread was hunting out at 7. Said he saw her and about 15 piglets.

Comment

Sounds like the sow we saw sat out towards the spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
                        You click "post reply", then "manage attachments", then go from there.
                        Joey congrats on the hog man you are a quick learner, as for the pic's if you are having trouble downloading you need to resize the pic's to large web photo's and then they will download. Congrats again.

Comment

200lb pig for sure. Not 200 pigs! You shoulda called the game warden. That idiot may kill someone some day.
                          Last edited by TXFireFighter; 01-12-2014, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Guys though im pretty sure that I saw a poacher and the place was baited real good. Just go to 7 and walk like your headed to the steps on the trail or there is some bait along the fence that divides the cattle from us. Thanks everyone and if anyone could help me with bow hunting that would be awesome being a newbie sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by NightStalker View Post
                              Great story comehere deer! Damm nice hog. Am I understanding, you took it with a left quarter frontal shot from 8 yards? From the pic it looks like an exit wound halfway back on the right side.
                              Nightstalker I know as when I shot the hog she was facing me dead on not quartered at the least and I hit her left front shoulder and the arrow took one lung and went across her body and when she ran she turned left and I think this is what forced the arrow to puncture the right side, however when I gutter her out I found that when she ran my bolt looked like it did damage to both sides as I saw a wound on both sides so I thought it was shot before however there was no dried blood and the wound look as fresh as the fatal one. It was a little puzzling at first but we don't know what happens to an animal when it runs and torks its body, who know

Comment

Head On or quartering, no matter, that is such a great photo with the pig tied to the branch. Did you get a weight when you got it home?

Comment

Working...
                                X