• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Comehere deer View Post
    Ok guys, once again I am blessed by the following;
    1 My feet hitting the ground
    2 Having someone to go hunting with like Carnage
    3 Going hunting and run into and hunt with the like of Justin Nathan and Tx Firefighter (good bunch of fellas)
    4 Getting a chance at a nice hog

Well it all started out this morning (sorry for the delay in posting just getting home at 11:30 had to take the wife out) Carnage and I started out going in a new direction for me as I said before I am a newbee to a lot of this area so we went out from the steps crossed over and started hunting, walked for about a half hr and saw nothing until Tx Firefighter came up behind me and said Sir (**** near sacred me) I was focus forward you understand, so we stopped and chatted and decide that 3 are better than 2 so we continued as Tx Firefighter said that we had a couple of hunters up in front of us and we may want to see what the game plan is so we pushed forward and met up with Nathan and Justin and that was when 5 was better then 3 so we spread out and started pushing the area between the river and the open field all the way back to the Spot, no sooner did we start and I saw Nathan at alert like a pointer, then I heard some grunting and I new it was for real so I ready myself, when it was all said and done I think Justin tried to get a shot and Tx Firefighter did get a shot at a pig through some thicket and this is where the arrow was deflected as we all have had happen. We trek on and came to a point where we regrouped and other that the turkey buzzard with no tail feather that Nathan and I saw hopping along the ground that was it, so we (5 full grown men) standing there in the middle of the woods and low and behold one little piglet comes running around us and no one got a shot (was like this little piglet said haha can't get me) so after the little 10 # made us look follish we trek forward towards the creek, once we got to the creek Carnage saw Paintmans boat on the other side of the creek and then we saw the fellas on the other side of the creek and Tx Firefighter suggest we see where and what they were going to do from here so I went around and walked down to the boat as they looked like they were headed that was. I got down to the boat and no one came down so I turned around and I saw a nice pig running towards Carnage so I tried to way him down as it looked like the hog was going to slide right below him and when he saw me waving he had already seen the hog however it stopped short of him and turned around and started back my direction, so I readied myself and this pig is coming right at me, it rounds the tree and stops short of me by maybe 8 yrd and all I had was a frontal shot, I let it go and she went running. After it all happened I thought I hit the hog in the left front shoulder. all the guys regrouped and we started tracking and it wasn't long before Tx Firefighter was on good blood, we followed it and started getting more blood and that was when Tx Firefighter said look at that tree, we are going to find this hog and sure enough after the tree with the blood we found the hog about 10 yds away (total the hog went about 60 to 70 yrs). We were going to just take the hams and straps however Carnage and I hog tied it to a branch and carried it back, quartered it at the creek and dropped it off at Westphalia in Hutto to make whole hog sausage. Guys you need to try them as they are reasonable and do good work.
    $1.25 lb for rope sausage packed.
    To recap this day and I will always remember the good friends I have, the new ones I meet and the chance to meet more in the future as I have met a few of ya all ready and it is always MY pleasure. Tx Firefighter/Nathan/Justin and I can't forget Carnage. Thanks for a great day.
    Fantastic work, man! I like to carry a big military surplus MOLLE pack so that I can pack out the animal and not have to carry or drag it (especially if I'm alone), but the branch method definitely works when you have a buddy.

I'm usually out there 1-2 times per week, so feel free to hit me up if you wanna team up sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
      Fantastic work, man! I like to carry a big military surplus MOLLE pack so that I can pack out the animal and not have to carry or drag it (especially if I'm alone), but the branch method definitely works when you have a buddy.

I'm usually out there 1-2 times per week, so feel free to hit me up if you wanna team up sometime.
      Will do Sneaky, I wont be out for the next couple weeks as I will be traveling up North (see the grandkids). I will let you know the next time we go, appreciate the offer.

Comment

Congrats on that pig.
        I went to 6 for a couple hours. Didn't see any pigs but lots of sign and fresh tracks everywhere.

Comment

Excellent job and write up! The spot has been very kind this year so far.

Comment

At camp last weekend I told someone I'd post a picture of my Apex Edge Pro IV sharpening system.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Comehere deer View Post
              Ok guys, once again I am blessed by the following;
              1 My feet hitting the ground
              2 Having someone to go hunting with like Carnage
              3 Going hunting and run into and hunt with the like of Justin Nathan and Tx Firefighter (good bunch of fellas)
              4 Getting a chance at a nice hog

Well it all started out this morning (sorry for the delay in posting just getting home at 11:30 had to take the wife out) Carnage and I started out going in a new direction for me as I said before I am a newbee to a lot of this area so we went out from the steps crossed over and started hunting, walked for about a half hr and saw nothing until Tx Firefighter came up behind me and said Sir (**** near sacred me) I was focus forward you understand, so we stopped and chatted and decide that 3 are better than 2 so we continued as Tx Firefighter said that we had a couple of hunters up in front of us and we may want to see what the game plan is so we pushed forward and met up with Nathan and Justin and that was when 5 was better then 3 so we spread out and started pushing the area between the river and the open field all the way back to the Spot, no sooner did we start and I saw Nathan at alert like a pointer, then I heard some grunting and I new it was for real so I ready myself, when it was all said and done I think Justin tried to get a shot and Tx Firefighter did get a shot at a pig through some thicket and this is where the arrow was deflected as we all have had happen. We trek on and came to a point where we regrouped and other that the turkey buzzard with no tail feather that Nathan and I saw hopping along the ground that was it, so we (5 full grown men) standing there in the middle of the woods and low and behold one little piglet comes running around us and no one got a shot (was like this little piglet said haha can't get me) so after the little 10 # made us look follish we trek forward towards the creek, once we got to the creek Carnage saw Paintmans boat on the other side of the creek and then we saw the fellas on the other side of the creek and Tx Firefighter suggest we see where and what they were going to do from here so I went around and walked down to the boat as they looked like they were headed that was. I got down to the boat and no one came down so I turned around and I saw a nice pig running towards Carnage so I tried to way him down as it looked like the hog was going to slide right below him and when he saw me waving he had already seen the hog however it stopped short of him and turned around and started back my direction, so I readied myself and this pig is coming right at me, it rounds the tree and stops short of me by maybe 8 yrd and all I had was a frontal shot, I let it go and she went running. After it all happened I thought I hit the hog in the left front shoulder. all the guys regrouped and we started tracking and it wasn't long before Tx Firefighter was on good blood, we followed it and started getting more blood and that was when Tx Firefighter said look at that tree, we are going to find this hog and sure enough after the tree with the blood we found the hog about 10 yds away (total the hog went about 60 to 70 yrs). We were going to just take the hams and straps however Carnage and I hog tied it to a branch and carried it back, quartered it at the creek and dropped it off at Westphalia in Hutto to make whole hog sausage. Guys you need to try them as they are reasonable and do good work.
              $1.25 lb for rope sausage packed.
              To recap this day and I will always remember the good friends I have, the new ones I meet and the chance to meet more in the future as I have met a few of ya all ready and it is always MY pleasure. Tx Firefighter/Nathan/Justin and I can't forget Carnage. Thanks for a great day.
              It was good to see you and Carnage again and meet TxFireFighter. Yesterday was the first time I pushed an area as a group. Sure beats sneaking through the woods alone. Let me know if you want another hunter (or pointer) next time you go. Congrats again on hog #2!

Comment

If you can hunt this afternoon get to it#!! Pigs are everywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by N8_ View Post
                  It was good to see you and Carnage again and meet TxFireFighter. Yesterday was the first time I pushed an area as a group. Sure beats sneaking through the woods alone. Let me know if you want another hunter (or pointer) next time you go. Congrats again on hog #2!
                  Nate I will let ya know when I am going again, it will be a few weeks as I need to make a trip up-north. Good seeing ya again and meeting Justin.

Comment

One pig down today!

Comment

Originally posted by joey View Post
                      One pig down today!
                      Let's see those pics, son!

Comment

One pig down today!
                        Where did you hunt in general?

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
                          Where did you hunt in general?
                          Generally I hunt in the WMA area.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                            Generally I hunt in the WMA area.
                            Specifically, are you hunting in Texas? If so, I know that spot and there's some big ones there.

I usually start of at 6 (Brownsville), but sometime I like to roll in at 4 (El Paso) to throw them off.

Comment

How do you upload them and I went to 7and I ran into a but load. Then aftergoing back to pick up my pig another 200plus hog came out of the brush

Comment

How do you upload them and I went to 7and I ran into a but load. Then aftergoing back to pick up my pig another 200plus hog came out of the brush
                                You click "post reply", then "manage attachments", then go from there.

Comment

Working...
                                X