"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rat View Post
    That's the prettiest picture from the bow of a boat if seen yet TXfirefighter! Nice job this morning!

Gage is officially in the ranks now.

First bow hunt...

First shot at an animal...

At Granger...

First BOW KILL!

Did I mention he's 11 years old?

He put it on her at the spot; the small sounder made their way from private property onto Corp land and trotted in front of us right through a perfect shooting lane. Gage was drawn and ready when they hit the lane he let the arrow fly! He hit high in the kill zone but his new Hoyt managed to punch both lungs even though he didn't have a complete pass through; the Zwickey two blade did the job in fine fashion.

We found both pieces of Gage's arrow showing good blood; Paintman found us right after the shot and found a good blood trail. We blood trailed her to where she had laid down to die but we pushed her up; both Grinderboy and I put additional arrows into her and I finally finished her off with the knife.

If we hadn't pushed her up she would have died in a few minutes where she had laid down. We just didn't want her to make it to private property after we pushed her.

I am very proud of my son; his listening, learning and practice have paid off this weekend.

Here's the LDP...

Awesome man!! Congrats to Gage!

Comment

That's the prettiest picture from the bow of a boat if seen yet TXfirefighter! Nice job this morning!

Gage is officially in the ranks now.
      First bow hunt...
      First shot at an animal...
      At Granger...
      First BOW KILL!

Did I mention he's 11 years old?

He put it on her at the spot; the small sounder made their way from private property onto Corp land and trotted in front of us right through a perfect shooting lane. Gage was drawn and ready when they hit the lane he let the arrow fly! He hit high in the kill zone but his new Hoyt managed to punch both lungs even though he didn't have a complete pass through; the Zwickey two blade did the job in fine fashion.

We found both pieces of Gage's arrow showing good blood; Paintman found us right after the shot and found a good blood trail. We blood trailed her to where she had laid down to die but we pushed her up; both Grinderboy and I put additional arrows into her and I finally finished her off with the knife.

If we hadn't pushed her up she would have died in a few minutes where she had laid down. We just didn't want her to make it to private property after we pushed her.

I am very proud of my son; his listening, learning and practice have paid off this weekend.

Here's the LDP...

Congrats, Gage!!! You're one of the brethren now!

Comment

Congrats Gage! Way to show the old man how to get it done!!!

That is awesome and I am glad he was successful. That young man is welcome to hunt with me anytime.

Comment

Way to go!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
            As always had a great time. Great people and great food! On my way home now. That wind kicked our backside on the main lake. Slow cold wet ride back. FDbowhunter , Crod and I shot three more pigs this morning! We recovered 2 outta 3. We couldn't find Crodds pig.
            Nice, **** Chris...you'll get one at GRXH I bet.

Comment

Yeah Gage! Buddy

And Chris, good sausage.

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
                As always had a great time. Great people and great food! On my way home now. That wind kicked our backside on the main lake. Slow cold wet ride back. FDbowhunter , Crod and I shot three more pigs this morning! We recovered 2 outta 3. We couldn't find Crodds pig.
                Pretty pigs. Perfect for the pit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmb512 View Post
                  Did a full day in the San G. Unit today with sneaky.. Managed to lose a really important knife (my grandpa made for me). So if anyone finds a deer antler handle knife that says Joshua please let me know! No bacon down.
                  Pm sent

Comment

Congrats to gage on the first bow kill!

Comment

Originally posted by wilcohunter View Post
                      Pm sent
                      Did you find his knife? That would be cool if you did!

Comment

Pm sent
                        Oh man, that would be so awesome if you found it. We covered a lot of ground that day, and I can't imagine how beat up I'd be if a family heirloom slipped out of my sheath like that.

Comment

If any of you have a chained on lock on with a feeder (lock-on has blue straps) you might see my tattoo on your trail cam. Nothing really special. You will know it when you see it... a brown spot at the end of a straight line.

Nice set up. Right where I normally walk past going in and out. Oh by the way, your feeder is empty.
                          Last edited by Wildman; 01-05-2014, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Did you find his knife? That would be cool if you did!
                            Yes sir. Sent him a pm and tryin to find out how to get it back to him. Would hate to loose something my grandfather made me. Nothing like family and my grandfather ment more to me than I could ever say. Hopefully somebody would do the same if the found something of mine.

Congrats on the pigs guys. Some bacon def hit the dirt this weekend.

Comment

Yes sir. Sent him a pm and tryin to find out how to get it back to him. Would hate to loose something my grandfather made me. Nothing like family and my grandfather ment more to me than I could ever say. Hopefully somebody would do the same if the found something of mine.

Congrats on the pigs guys. Some bacon def hit the dirt this weekend.
                              I just texted him to let him know the good news as well.

Comment

Good to hear about some sucess this weekend. We started at the PBR and worked east all the way to gate 5. Walked about 8 miles I think. Saw several hunters through out the day. saw three individual boars and drew back several times but just couldn't make it happen. Still fun though.

Comment

Working...
                                X