No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone has to have bacon down today. I couldn't work today thinking of how perfect it was

Comment

Took a day of leave and then spent the whole day in bed sick.

Comment

Brothers, I will be out at Granger for an all day, sun up to sun down (or sun up until hogs slain ) hunt tomorrow morning. Y'all need to get up off your butts and join me!

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
          Brothers, I will be out at Granger for an all day, sun up to sun down (or sun up until hogs slain ) hunt tomorrow morning. Y'all need to get up off your butts and join me!
          Where are you going to head out from? And around what time? I am hoping to head out in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmb512 View Post
            Where are you going to head out from? And around what time? I am hoping to head out in the morning.
            We can meet at the Duchess station at 6:30 if you'd like, to load up on a few snack bars and water, then hit some good spots from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
              We can meet at the Duchess station at 6:30 if you'd like, to load up on a few snack bars and water, then hit some good spots from there.
              Man I don't get off till 7. It would be 0830 probably before I could get out there. I don't wanna hold you up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmb512 View Post
                Man I don't get off till 7. It would be 0830 probably before I could get out there. I don't wanna hold you up.
                You have a PM - we can make it work. Who else can make it?

Come on, boys!

Comment

Hey sorry to those that have pm'ed me! I didn't realize I had messages and I still don't have enough posts to reply.

Comment

If I were to go out there how does it. Pretend you telling someone that doesn't have a clue how this works. B/c I don't, just love to hunt

Comment

Originally posted by Supercfred View Post
                      If I were to go out there how does it. Pretend you telling someone that doesn't have a clue how this works. B/c I don't, just love to hunt
                      So you need a few things.. Texas hunting license, hunters education, and public land permit. You just park at one of the entrances thirty minutes before sunrise and leave thirty minutes after sunset. You can hunt in season birds, squirrels, and rabbits with a shotgun. Or as most of us like to do, you can hunt hogs year round with a bow. If you have any specific questions, a lot of the guys on here are more experienced than me and I'm sure they can help you out!

Comment

Thank you. What is the best way to get there? I live in spring Rayford / Sawdust exit.

Is there a website or a map? Do you just pick a spot and use a climbing stand?

I just want to make sure I don't hunt on someone else's land or invade on someone's honey hole

Comment

I'm not super familiar with the spring area, but if you google it I'm sure you can get directions. It looks like a three hour drive for you though. You can use a stand, or stalk around.. I try to move on when I see other people's tree stands or bait set ups.

Comment

Did a full day in the San G. Unit today with sneaky.. Managed to lose a really important knife (my grandpa made for me). So if anyone finds a deer antler handle knife that says Joshua please let me know! No bacon down.

Comment

I spent most of day in SG also..on the willis creek side of the area. Nothing, nada, zip. Not really any hog signs at all that I could find.

Saw an *** ton of deer and a bobcat, that's it.

Last edited by Endo; 12-15-2013, 06:59 PM.

Comment

I was out at the camp. River is nice and high, easy trip in. Had hogs rooting up by the outhouse about 60 yards from us while we were sleeping. Go figure

Comment

Working...
                                X