• Time
  • Show
Clear All

going out saterday morn from 7 if anyone wants to join

Comment

should be good, cold wet. Not all crunchy

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
        I havent been below the dam in years! Am I missing anything down there? Anybody been lately?
        I am deer hunting down there since early October and I have not seen nor heard any pigs. How's the deer population around Comanche and the primitive boat launch?

Comment

Originally posted by Zipshod View Post
          I am deer hunting down there since early October and I have not seen nor heard any pigs. How's the deer population around Comanche and the primitive boat launch?
          Number 6 Is Full Of Deer Usually

Comment

Planning On having 4-5 Guys Out On Saturday. Headed To The SpOt. Anyone Wanna Join??

Comment

Without going back through 245 pages where's this locates and is it bow hunting only I'd like to come try it one weekend.

Comment

I plan on going out Saturday. May have to try and join yall. Was thinking about hiking in to the primitive camp. Hunting Sat afternoon, camping, then hunting Sunday morning. Anybody know where the best place to park on that side of the park is? I dont have a canoe or anything so its all gonna be on foot. I got no problem going on foot a few miles.

Comment

Park by the water treatment plant there's a trailhead right there

Comment

Go in at the red gate up top, if you go thru the tailhead it is a lot of up and down winding hike. Nice but if you want to get to PC take the high road. If you want to take a cool stroll use the trailhead. Some steep hills on the trailhead trail.

Comment

I wouldn't mind some tree rat killin, Dirty.

Comment

Don't park by Comanche bluff trailhead

Originally posted by Neano View Post
                        I plan on going out Saturday. May have to try and join yall. Was thinking about hiking in to the primitive camp. Hunting Sat afternoon, camping, then hunting Sunday morning. Anybody know where the best place to park on that side of the park is? I dont have a canoe or anything so its all gonna be on foot. I got no problem going on foot a few miles.
                        Lots of broken windows from thieves on vehicles at this location. I used to be a park ranger out there and my friend had his car broken into while he was fishing right below the bathroom. He heard them break out his car window but by the time he got up there they had fled. He said it sounded like teenagers but just giving u a heads up. It's an isolated area where I don't recommend parking overnight or at the primitive boat launch either. Get dropped off

Comment

Cool weather is here for a bit. 38 that s toasty, 32 and falling here in SA.
                          Last edited by Wudstix; 11-22-2013, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Anybody still plan on hunting tomorrow or has everybody backed out due to weather? I'll probably post on here before I leave tomorrow. Should be mid afternoon or so.

Thanks for the heads up Chief. Might see if the wife will drop me off.

Comment

Getting dropped off is not an option for me. 2 hour plus drive.

Comment

Should be blood on this thread tomorrow night if anyone makes it out. Overcast days will get the piggys moving in daylight, soggy ground makes for silent movement, and a steady breeze allows you to control where your scent goes. I am getting over the flu and don't want a relapse, otherwise I would be out there for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X