"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bofly View Post
    I just got a text, there up to a 120 hogs and they are flying tomorrow too.
    Well so will I

Comment

**** on my weekend

Comment

you gonna go check it out chris?see about the spot? haha

Comment

Just saw texas parks and wildlife pulling all the signs down today too.

Comment

Maybe they got there quota?? I know a couple years ago it was 180. Funny I didn't see any signs over the weekend

Comment

they should be done before this weekend huh?

Comment

No I meant the wma signs.

Comment

i was working on cr.347 today and saw trey and 3 others dude's pulling off the wma signs as well.saltyhoggers was that limmer and malish land south off noack.

Comment

Originally posted by Bofly View Post
                    I just got a text, there up to a 120 hogs and they are flying tomorrow too.
                    what really gets to me Bo is that they just leave em lay!!!!i just bought a pork shoulder picnic from safeway here in colorado and it cost me $15.00, those hunts that kill a couple hundred they could have someone posted up in the general vacinity and pick them up!!!!at least the bbq size ones, the big nasty boars i don't care so much, i know people who i could call who would gladly sign a waiver and take them......every year usually they get a couple hundred from granger and the surrounding farms, i support the effort to try to control but not by helo, i think these guys just do it for the thrill, now i would love to do it but i would want to have some type of ground to air comms plus someone with a 4 wheel drive and pattywagon-coolers with ice.... i would do it for nothing, these guys in the helo prob getting paid or some rich as***le paid the helo guys so he could do all of the killin!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gbeard View Post
                      No I meant the wma signs.
                      Interesting....I wonder how they stop the fisherman. All the hogs need to bank up eat the river

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                        what really gets to me Bo is that they just leave em lay!!!!i just bought a pork shoulder picnic from safeway here in colorado and it cost me $15.00, those hunts that kill a couple hundred they could have someone posted up in the general vacinity and pick them up!!!!at least the bbq size ones, the big nasty boars i don't care so much, i know people who i could call who would gladly sign a waiver and take them......every year usually they get a couple hundred from granger and the surrounding farms, i support the effort to try to control but not by helo, i think these guys just do it for the thrill, now i would love to do it but i would want to have some type of ground to air comms plus someone with a 4 wheel drive and pattywagon-coolers with ice.... i would do it for nothing, these guys in the helo prob getting paid or some rich as***le paid the helo guys so he could do all of the killin!!!!

I agree. It still sucks that my $48 lays on the ground and someone who has a better advantage (helicopter) that prolly doesn't have a $48 permit gets to shoot them all.

Comment

Originally posted by creeping death View Post
                          i was working on cr.347 today and saw trey and 3 others dude's pulling off the wma signs as well.saltyhoggers was that limmer and malish land south off noack.
                          I think some of it was Ging land too. Not 100% sure where all they flew but they reported 30 something on one of the places I know and I believe it was all the land they flew was along Brushy Creek.

Ruined my spot on private land for now but hopefully now that it is planting time I can go pick a few off with the rifle while they are rooting up and down the rows.

Comment

they won't kill even 10% of the population, you already stated it was pretty green out there????all the ones behind the primative camp in the bloodweeds and out by the sore finger and over by the doppler and behind bofly's place are going to be hit the hardest, probably anywhere thats open......there going to get a couple hundred but they usually inflate the numbers x 2 to make themselves look good.... what hurts the feral hogs is usually they won't stop running!!!!hopefully they run for the trees......we will have hogs to hunt at granger next year, don't worry.......

Comment

i have worked on helos in the Navy, they break down all of the time, maybe this rinky dinky lookin helo will break down and they can't fly anymore!!!!i don't want it to break while flying though, just minor prob to ground it, lol........

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyhoggers View Post
                                Hope they fly and kill every hog out there...... Bout the only way to control hogs. Your average Wal-mart bowhunter isnt doing any damage to the population out there. There are flying it as we speak. I flew Noack area 2 weeks ago and killed 376 in 2 days. Thats the way to erradicate hogs.
                                You confirmed kills on 376 or shot 376? Just curious because we own land around there and neither us nor our neighboring properties have seen signs of hogs in a year but I guess we will now with all that shooting around us.

Comment

Working...
                                X