"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
    I will be in again this year. It was a good time for sure. Got to meet a few of the guys. Suprisingly we were not hungry and if you were it was your own fault.
    hey that fish breaded deep fried pig was awsome last year,squirrel 2 years ago was good too

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
      Think the GG will show his hairy face at camp again?
      i can almost guarrentee it

Comment

[QUOTE=paintman;3184602]i can almost guarrentee it[/QUOTE]

Now thats funny I dont care who you are...!

Comment

Well I finally got my truck back together late yesterday. I have 3 more problems to go, but ran out of money. Hopefully in 2 weeks I can get the rest done.

I would have rather been hunting, maybe next weekend.

Comment

Is anyone going to Granger tomorrow for the draw hunt?

Comment

I will be out there in the morning. Shouldn't be any draw hunts going on though. The webpage doesn't show the sections closed off for this week. I sure hope not at least as I was planning on heading back down to Pecan Grove.

Comment

How do you go about signing up to hunt at Granger?

Comment

To hunt hogs year round you just buy a license and an annual public land permit. (48bucks). You can hunt year round other than the dates its closed for the TPWD draw hunts. no signing up needed. Just have your licenses and hunter orange, bow only. If it deer your after youll have to draw the hunt or go stand byfor the TPWD draw hunts. If you start at page one on this thread there are maps and tons of good info!

Comment

I went out to granger on Sat. got out to the pecan unit at about 7am, a little later than I wanted. I saw a couple tracks and crossings. I found a pretty good trail under some huge trees and set my girlfriend up in a tree about 25 yards away and threw some feed out. I took off and tried to circle around her to flush stuff her way, I saw one doe and she said she saw 2 does feed a bit and take off, while circling around her I found a couple of huge wallows and tracks and tree rubs, I nick-named it hog heaven, if I was a hog that’s where I would roll in the mud!! I marked everything on my GPS and had a great time on my first time out. All I can say is man it looked a lot flatter on paper lol. I should be out there again on the 11th solo. Hopefully this time I can see some hogs.

Comment

Note to self.... Always double check your idiot friends when they get dates for these hunts!!!! Good thing i only live about ten minutes from TPW station at Willis Creek. Should have slept in today.

Comment

Went out to the south side of Pecan Grove this morning. Saw 5 does and 3 hunters. No hogs this time.

Comment

going out to pecan unit on sat morning. hope i see some hogs.

Comment

Good luck man, i miss being out there all the time. After deer season I will be back at it more.

Comment

Originally posted by blacksunshine View Post
                              you aren't Big Steve the bartender by any chance?
                              Hey, I know Big Steve the bartender.. We dove hunt south texas together... Small World

Comment

Heard the "Monster Quest" folks were going to do a story and show of the Granger Gorilla.

Comment

Working...
                                X