Laguna Atascosa NWR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by calfroper_06 View Post
    You do realize that's the law for consideration of a motor vehicle on the roadway in Texas, correct?

Non motororized is clearly stated " No motorized carts, wagons or bikes" allowed on the refuge. You simply twisted words at that point. I would think they wouldn't state the carts and wagon with the bikes if it was a rule for the texas state law on roadway motorization of a vehicle. You sir were in deed in violation.
    Mr internet game warden...before accusing someone of a violation read the attached link.

The brochure from Tpwd states prohibits “use of motorized cars/wagons” and that is what he is referring to. If they want bicycles included it should state that’s their info since they handle the application and drawing.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
      Mr internet game warden...before accusing someone of a violation read the attached link.

The brochure from Tpwd states prohibits “use of motorized cars/wagons” and that is what he is referring to. If they want bicycles included it should state that’s their info since they handle the application and drawing.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/hunt...ures/NEXUC.pdf
      The email sent out with the hunt brochure attached specifically states “motorized carts/ wagons or bikes” under prohibited acts.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
        The email sent out with the hunt brochure attached specifically states “motorized carts/ wagons or bikes” under prohibited acts.
        Well then which is correct? The TPWD website or email?. They need to get their crap together and have the same info on the website. I was drawn for Teniente and the info they emailed is exactly the same as posted on TPWD.

Comment

I don’t know where you got your link from but neither posted on the tpwd hunt application brochure say that. They send out a more detailed list of regulations to those drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post

https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/hunt...ures/NEXUC.pdf

Clearly stated....thanks and have a great day.
            Attached Files

Comment

It was stated on the hunt brochure last year on the 2017-18, which is the one you posted as well. Possibly they made a revision that was email out. The poxture I attachdd is from this year 2018-2019. I cleary remember this last year as well, it was talked about by many hunters.

Comment

It was stated on the hunt brochure last year on the 2017-18, which is the one you posted as well. Possibly they made a revision that was email out. The poxture I attachdd is from this year 2018-2019. I cleary remember this last year as well, it was talked about by many hunters.
                Wrong! That is new for this year. Last year it only stated motorized carts/wagons. I still have the document to prove it. They added the bikes for this year as they realized people were beginning to use them.

Comment

You do realize that's the law for consideration of a motor vehicle on the roadway in Texas, correct?

Non motororized is clearly stated " No motorized carts, wagons or bikes" allowed on the refuge. You simply twisted words at that point. I would think they wouldn't state the carts and wagon with the bikes if it was a rule for the texas state law on roadway motorization of a vehicle. You sir were in deed in violation.
                  As far as me being in violation, that's your opinion and everyone knows the old saying about those. However I didnt not twist anything. It said bikes were allowed. It didnt state what kind. If you want to assume then be my guest. I followed all rules.

Comment

It was stated on the hunt brochure last year on the 2017-18

Here's last years.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rsquared View Post
                      yes, i went two years ago on the archery hunt.
                      happy to chat about it if you want some insights

i saw 28 nilgai, had 12 in rifle range, 6 in bow range, and was only able to fire 2 arrows. didn't come home with any though.
                      one i missed at 8 yards in a ton of brush with a bang bang kind of shot and the other i hit in the top of her shoulder and it deflected up and away. she was walking down a bank and so when she ducked the arrow it created a weird shot angle. it skimmed her and did not penetrate the hide

a better hunter would have landed her

Hello..... What compartment were you hunting in with all that action...... And tips where to go
                      I'm going in December

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You know if all yall would just use your legs and quit taking the easy route, there wouldn't be any violation and you earn every mile. We walked last year and put in a lot of miles and covered a lot of ground, no different then elk hunting except its more flat!

Comment

Originally posted by txhushlife View Post
                          You know if all yall would just use your legs and quit taking the easy route, there wouldn't be any violation and you earn every mile. We walked last year and put in a lot of miles and covered a lot of ground, no different then elk hunting except its more flat!
                          says the man with wheels on his bow...Why take the easy route...use a self bow.

Comment

Originally posted by Stx86 View Post
                            Hello..... What compartment were you hunting in with all that action...... And tips where to go
                            I'm going in December

unit 8 mostly. this year i saw 13 but none in bow range. they were there, but not moving as much due to winds, rain, and less hunters moving thru the brush compared to my last trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                              says the man with wheels on his bow...Why take the easy route...use a self bow.
                              Lol, dumb....but really leave the bikes at home, last thing you want is to get caught sitting on a bike with nilgai looking at you with your bow on your back and your busted, so many more advantages of being on foot then wasting the time with the bike, flat tires, chain coming off, and just abunch of extra stuff not needed.

Comment

Good point but with 250 hunters in hot pursuit for that #600 bull time is not your friend and any edge helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X