• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everybody get their deer or what? This place is dead lol

Comment

Originally posted by JohnEdward View Post
      Everybody get their deer or what? This place is dead lol
      Daughter and I will be out Saturday afternoon. We have several cameras out and will set up based on what we have on them. I'm setting more cameras as well in a new unit. Will try to live post if I can.

Comment

Hunted the last two days not much moving. Heading home until mid day Saturday and heading back out. Anyone else will be out and about?

Comment

I was out this morning. No sign of life. Fortunately I filled my freezer a couple weeks back down outside of Fredericksburg.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah saw a few squirrels that’s about it. Trying to hunt between rain and before and after rain so might hit it hard Saturday evening through Monday or Tuesday

Comment

I'll be out Sunday am and about 2-3 more times before the season ends. My goal is to at least shoot a spike to put some more meat in the freezer.

Comment

Good to hear! I'm stuck at the rig for another two weeks so looks like if I'm getting anything it will be with the smoke pole.

Comment

I’ll be back at the rig Wednesday morning . Only perk about the rig. Two weeks to hunt

Comment

Well that's not the only one but it is a great one!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnEdward View Post
                      Camera Survived
                      JohnEdward, I recognize those towers in the background of your trail cam pic ; )

Comment

Yeah it wasnt a very good spot. Got picks for the first week and then they burned and I stopped getting pics. Glad the cam didnt burn up so I could move it to another spot.

Comment

Certainly wont be sharing pics anymore lol

Comment

Daughter and I set some new cameras. And scouted. We decided not to set a stand in the rain. Son was at a HS bass tourney as well. That was a beat down with the wind. Several strikes but they blanked for the day.

We didn't see any movement but with the rain and mud we weren't moving very slowly. We will be back out in a couple of weeks. I have to split time between duck for son and deer/hogs for daughter. May try to do both in a weekend but that's a slog for a 60 year old fat guy. Still I'm glad their interested and want to go so I'll push through it if they have an interest.

Comment

I slept through my alarm this morning and didn't get out there until about 8am. I decided just to still hunt, scout and check some trail cameras. I walked up about 20 yards from a group of does. They busted out and scared the crap out of me. Found a few new spots and this funky buck on a camera I put out a few weeks ago. I've got about 2 more sits in me before season is up. I was surprised to see the amount of trucks out today. Drove by about 8.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                                I slept through my alarm this morning and didn't get out there until about 8am. I decided just to still hunt, scout and check some trail cameras. I walked up about 20 yards from a group of does. They busted out and scared the crap out of me. Found a few new spots and this funky buck on a camera I put out a few weeks ago. I've got about 2 more sits in me before season is up. I was surprised to see the amount of trucks out today. Drove by about 8.
                                Hopefully that guy will make a mistake during one of your sits. Seeing anything on your cams during day time? Everything I am getting is middle of the night right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X