No announcement yet.

2017 Lake Grapevine Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tag is at my other house and I can’t remember my number...same as the first go around. Did some scouting out there a couple months ago for a friend that did draw since he lives a couple hours away. Sure is a pretty area.

Comment

Missed it by one on the draw and one on the redraw..smh

Comment

I would like to buy a Mulligan.

Comment

No surprise but didn’t make the redraw

Comment

Got a doe last night, backed out and gathered her up this morning. Carrying the quarters + other meat the 2 miles back to my car made for some good exercise. Glad we had cool weather.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfactory7 View Post
              Got a doe last night, backed out and gathered her up this morning. Carrying the quarters + other meat the 2 miles back to my car made for some good exercise. Glad we had cool weather.
              Congrats man! Have a good story? I am gonna head out tonight for an evening hunt.

Comment

No story really. Found a spot a ways back in early October, then was out of the country a few weeks, came back and had 2 sits just in a chair on the ground until I fine tuned exactly what trails the deer were taking, and the first night I had the right spot with access to good shooting lanes 2 does came in and crossed the shooting lane at 30. There was a good stand of trees just before they entered the lane so I was easily able to draw my bow without being made.

Debating on if I sit the same spot again this weekend to get another doe or go somewhere new. I haven't seen any bucks in this spot and would be proud to have any legal whitetail buck from TX public land before I move to CO in a few months.

Comment

No story really. Found a spot a ways back in early October, then was out of the country a few weeks, came back and had 2 sits just in a chair on the ground until I fine tuned exactly what trails the deer were taking, and the first night I had the right spot with access to good shooting lanes 2 does came in and crossed the shooting lane at 30. There was a good stand of trees just before they entered the lane so I was easily able to draw my bow without being made.

Debating on if I sit the same spot again this weekend to get another doe or go somewhere new. I haven't seen any bucks in this spot and would be proud to have any legal whitetail buck from TX public land before I move to CO in a few months.
                  Very cool. Ill let everyone know if I see anything tonight

Comment

If it were me, I'd be sitting there again knowing what is to come in the next few weeks. Where there are does, there are bucks. They will be searching for them shortly.

Comment

Scouted a different spot today, found some jackalope tracks and signs
                      Last edited by Buck Smacker; 11-01-2017, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Out last night for about 4 hours. No deer seen

Comment

Noticed a pretty good buck dead along 377 just north of the Roanoke 7-11.... must’ve been hit Wednesday night 11/1

Comment

Had a coyote come in and a doe come in later. No shot opp on either. I do not like this weather but I'll be back at it this PM and tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                              Had a coyote come in and a doe come in later. No shot opp on either. I do not like this weather but I'll be back at it this PM and tomorrow.
                              Sounds like some action. Good luck man!

Comment

I had another doe come in last night at about 35 yards. I was checking scores on my phone when noticed she had popped up. She was a yearling and the top of her back was about even with the height of the grass. I grabbed my bow and stood up no problem. The opening I needed her to walk was to the left and of course she went right. It was a cool encounter. Skipped the morning hunt today but going back this PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X