2017 Lake Grapevine Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny quest View Post
    Anyone missing a stand? I found one in the brush today. It’s in my garage if you can describe it it’s yours.

Metal with a seat! Typically hangs in trees...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jph11 View Post
      Metal with a seat! Typically hangs in trees...

Oh! A comedian 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny quest View Post
        Oh! A comedian [emoji23]

So about this garage location ? On my way !

Comment

Great Action at the Vine this weekend! Went out Saturday morning, temp was 32 degrees with a slight NorthWest wind... Perfect Weather. Climbed up a tree, sat quietly until 7:03 when company arrived in the form of an orange hat wearing twig breaker. Shined my light at him but I guess he was looking for the illusive black panther ground level. Once he got to the base of the tree I was in I gave a courtesy whistle and asked, "Can you see me?" He looked up, said "oh man now I do, my tree is right over there!" He then proceeded to walk 37 yards away, climb up "his tree" very quietly as legal shooting light came, and set up facing me lol..... For the next two hours it was like there was Sasquatch at eye level peeking his head around the either side of tree to make sure I was still there. Definitely a first for me but figured some of you would find my experience amusing this Monday afternoon. Cheers to cooler temps, the rut kicking in, and to future hunters with hopefully a Plan B Tight strings boys

Comment

What does timing of RUT here at grapevine look like? Our place up in the panhandle it hits the weekend before thanksgiving. What have you guys noticed there at the lake?

Comment

Originally posted by jph11 View Post
              What does timing of RUT here at grapevine look like? Our place up in the panhandle it hits the weekend before thanksgiving. What have you guys noticed there at the lake?

Mid november

Comment

I've seen that first week in Nov be pretty good.

Comment

I hunted Sunday AM. Had a guy cross the field, walk right at me, cross behind me at about 50 yards, and then I hear at least 2-3 deer take off about 40 yards from me. Awesome... Before that when it was still dark, I could hear a buck walking around hitting rubs. It was dead silent and pretty cool to hear. Sunday night, I hunted a new spot. Had a hog come in at 30 yards. Hit him but only got about 2 inches of penetration. Broke my arrow off. I think I hit his shoulder and he's probably still alive. I'm off Friday and Monday and can't wait to get out.

Comment

Here are the 2017-2018 White-tailed Deer RE-DRAW Winners: You can pick them up starting Friday the 3rd of November.
                    19, 38, 49, 70, 107, 110, 152, 162, 176, 195, 254, 277, 291, 321, 331, 407, 421, 439, 463, 497, 515, 532

Comment

boo

Comment

Originally posted by Never miss View Post
                        Here are the 2017-2018 White-tailed Deer RE-DRAW Winners: You can pick them up starting Friday the 3rd of November.
                        19, 38, 49, 70, 107, 110, 152, 162, 176, 195, 254, 277, 291, 321, 331, 407, 421, 439, 463, 497, 515, 532
                        WAHOOOOOOOOO I got one!! I think!!! Have to dig through my stuff to find my number but if my memory serves me...

And i didnt realize you can hunt through Jan 21st and not just doe and spike. Looks like its full season through Jan 21.

Comment

Dang I was hoping for the redraw!

Comment

Originally posted by tdhadley10 View Post
                            WAHOOOOOOOOO I got one!! I think!!! Have to dig through my stuff to find my number but if my memory serves me...

And i didnt realize you can hunt through Jan 21st and not just doe and spike. Looks like its full season through Jan 21.
                            That's including the late spike and doe season Jan. 8-21.

Comment

Originally posted by tdhadley10 View Post

its tpwd rules, doe and spike only.

Comment

That cant be correct, 117 is not on the list. Always next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X