Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=NF HUNTER;12767976]
    Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post

Great, maybe we'll get to meet you at the Luncheon?
    What's the time/place of this? I may swing by if I'm out of the woods by then [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

Hide and lock both bike and trailer

Comment

[quote=NF HUNTER;12767976]
        Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post

Great, maybe we'll get to meet you at the Luncheon?
        Thanks man! when do y'all meet up at noon??

Comment

Nothing like waiting till Thursday before opening day to finally decide that I'm gonna hunt LOL Hopefully old spots pay off and I can find them in the dark with no trail.....and 2 years worth of underbrush growth. Should be fun

Comment

Originally posted by rageatvlawson View Post
            Nothing like waiting till Thursday before opening day to finally decide that I'm gonna hunt LOL Hopefully old spots pay off and I can find them in the dark with no trail.....and 2 years worth of underbrush growth. Should be fun
            Lol !! Good Luck we've had a lot of rain which equals lots of growth !!!

Comment

[quote=ChiefWhackABuck;12768077]
              Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
              What's the time/place of this? I may swing by if I'm out of the woods by then [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
              We have been meeting at the Waverly House Restaurant in New Waverly for Lunch on opening day for a few years now. Hunting Fool invited us to lunch a week or so ago. We normally show up around 11 or 12 unless we are skinning or pulling a deer out. Hope we can meet some of the new guys and maybe gals Saturday September 30th.

P.S. Bowonly and I or meeting same place same time Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by rageatvlawson View Post
                Good Luck! Like HotRod Hunter said there's been a lot of growth.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                  Ha! Just got to your post. Great minds think alike.
                  Ok guys this isn't site like that . You need to keep the Bromance off here !!!

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
                    Good Luck! Like HotRod Hunter said there's been a lot of growth.
                    The first time I hunted the SAM - I had scouted a couple areas a little bit. Started looking at aerial photos of the place. Based on the legend of the photo I decided how many steps to walk to the east, then how many steps to walk to the north (etc., etc.) then find a good tree to setup in.
                    Needless to say that didn't work. I walked about 100 steps to east no problem, but turned to the north and about 50 steps I was in a jungle. Then my flashlight quit working and it was still 5:30 am.
                    I sat down and waited for the sun to come up. I knew the direction of the lake and had a compass (and a whistle FYI) and started walking. It took me a couple hours to get back to the truck.
                    I had recently moved to Texas, didn't know anyone or have a place to hunt. I was so frustrated I planned on selling every hunting item I had on Craigslist.
                    After going back and learning for a couple years I learned to embrace the challenge.
                    Good luck fellas

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
                      Where's everyone at ? Like HF , DMack, AJ , CMR , Buck-Chaser , Harry, Trophy Trout, kabanh ? Are they all following in the NFLs footsteps and taking a knee for for justice on the opener ? Or did The become friends on Facebook? Jk . I understand Tod and Kevin's situations.
                      Right here brother

Comment

^^^ lurking- lol
                        Hell I've been busier than a 3 legged cat covering up chit w/ work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                          2 days before the season opener may not be the best time start worrying about the particulars of public hunting.

ROFLMBO!! Read the book man like we did..

Comment

Good sign! [emoji1303]

Comment

Oh ya I'm sure there's a lot of growth. I know the area I hunt in very well just haven' been in there in couple years lol. I do have a section that never really grows up much that I might try to hit first

Comment

I will not be hunting this opener !! But I won't be taking king a knee like the others . I will be on call so I won't be hunting but will probably join everyone for lunch if it's going to happen.
                                Last edited by HotRod Hunter; 09-28-2017, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X