Camp Bullis 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DannyC View Post
    I used Dziuk's (in Castroville). Not necessarily "close" to Bullis, but close to where I live (west side). They have an after-hours freezer, and processed my deer (85lbs) for $65. It only took them about a week, and they cleaned/vacuum sealed everything. Bonus? You get your own deer back. I've heard there are shady places here in SA where you never know who's deer meat you're getting.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
    I had a very bad experience with them when they had that store on S. Flores street here in town. They closed down shortly afterward to no surprise by me.
    I don't know how the store operates in Castroville, so don't take my word since I never used them.
    It was that experience where I learned my lesson and do all my own processing since, and that has been over 10 years ago.

Comment

Anyone else use any processors near Bullis? Which ones do you use?

Comment

I used Eddies off nacogdoches and 1604 when I lived in SA and they always did a great job.

Comment

Updated 21-day is out
          -Nine areas closed for bucks
          -Two closed for does
          -One closed for all WTD

Good luck this weekend to those heading out.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
            I used Eddies off nacogdoches and 1604 when I lived in SA and they always did a great job.

I also have used Eddies and in fact have 2 deer there right now. They just did the hog i shot and i have no complaints at all from them. Ive had 4 deer and 2 hogs processed there so far and will continue to use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What is the price if you dont mind me asking

Comment

Basic Cuts & Deboning Fees -- Includes skinning, cuts, and vacuum packed burger or chili meat.    Whole Carcass Up to 125 lbs.           If all trim to Burger --          $ 150.00...

Comment

Good luck to those hunting tomorrow. Hope you didn't eat too much.

Comment

Buck on the table from 8B3 when i was checking out. Didn't look very big, but I didn't wait around and take a better look at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Took a doe this morning and pulled my game camera card. Was surprised to see this from yesterday afternoon. Time on photo is off by an hour. My doe weighed 74 lbs. Tom 6A-3

Comment

Anybody seeing anything?

Comment

Nice mature shooter 8 wouldn't present clear shot around 0715. Missed a big one ~0830. Anyone know what a rage broadhead sounds like when it clips a rolled canvas window on accident? Well...its pretty loud. Clean miss and he didn't spook too bad. Try again. Turkeys came out and wouldn't leave once I was ready to call it quits. So, I smoked a good one. What a chore picking that rascal!

Comment

I shot a pig on Friday. Lost blood pretty quick and couldn't find it. Saturday I filled the feeder, saw buzzards and followed them to a picked clean skeleton, missing a head. Only thing recognizable as a pig were the back legs still intact. That's in less than 24 hours!

Comment

Of course, two days in a row the same spike enjoys a worry free meal

Comment

Originally posted by FlatsCat21 View Post
                                Nice mature shooter 8 wouldn't present clear shot around 0715. Missed a big one ~0830. Anyone know what a rage broadhead sounds like when it clips a rolled canvas window on accident? Well...its pretty loud. Clean miss and he didn't spook too bad. Try again. Turkeys came out and wouldn't leave once I was ready to call it quits. So, I smoked a good one. What a chore picking that rascal!
                                I know what a slick trick sounds like when it hits a feeder leg

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X