Camp Bullis 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by born-two-hunt View Post
    5 1/2 year old with just over 16 inch inside spread. Good quality 8 point that came in about 8 AM following some does. Had 2 bucks, 5 does and a fawn under the feeder when I shot him at about 20 yards. He went about 60-70 yards with a heart shot. Now for that spotted doe. Tom 6A-3
    Congrats!

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Comment

how do you get in the drawing?

Comment

Congrats Tom!

Comment

Well congrats on that buck

Comment

[quote=xtrm-hunter;11902868]how do you get in the drawing?

Google jbsa isportsman and follow the link. It will explain the program.
            Last edited by MikieTX; 11-12-2016, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Saw a bambi doe on the table this morning. Guy came in with a 10 from gun section this evening. I was waiting for a chance to draw on a ~200-225lb red/white boar this evening around 5:30 when he bolted.

Comment

For the guys/gals that are new to hunting on Camp Bullis who plan to apply next year- now is the time to look at last years harvest data and note roughly what the quota was for various areas. Also keep track of this years harvest and what the quotas are. This data will give you a general idea and show that the bigger the training area or those with the most circles will have the highest # of buck quotas. Take note also of which areas are closed for training the most. This info can make for a better educated guess when choosing an area next year. Of course if you get picked in the later drawing rounds your kind of stuck with what's left. I pick at least 5 different areas and have them written down for the day of the drawing as well as all other info such as hunting license #, bow hunter education card #,credit card# etc. Tom 6A-3

Comment

This 7 point a shooter? Not sure if he's 13. He has big bases but narrow. Only buck coming in during daylight

Comment

I would think this is the widest point, and it looks like more than 13. I'll let the pros opine, though. I could be wrong.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DannyC View Post

I would think this is the widest point, and it looks like more than 13. I'll let the pros opine, though. I could be wrong.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

This deer is way too close to call. I would definitely want to see him in person before making that decision though. 12 6/8 is not where I would want to be.

Comment

Let him walk. Not worth taking the chance in my opinion. The penalties of guessing wrong are not worth it. Tom 6A-3

Comment

Kinda what I thought. I'm guessing 13 to 13 1/2. Definitely not worth the trouble if I'm wrong. Would be good cull deer anywhere else.

Comment

Let him walk. Not worth taking the chance in my opinion. The penalties of guessing wrong are not worth it. Tom 6A-3
                            Tom,
                            Was that Ralphs buck that was found last night? If so, I'm happy it was recovered but that means I probably need to get it done this weekend

Comment

For the guys/gals that are new to hunting on Camp Bullis who plan to apply next year- now is the time to look at last years harvest data and note roughly what the quota was for various areas. Also keep track of this years harvest and what the quotas are. This data will give you a general idea and show that the bigger the training area or those with the most circles will have the highest # of buck quotas. Take note also of which areas are closed for training the most. This info can make for a better educated guess when choosing an area next year. Of course if you get picked in the later drawing rounds your kind of stuck with what's left. I pick at least 5 different areas and have them written down for the day of the drawing as well as all other info such as hunting license #, bow hunter education card #,credit card# etc. Tom 6A-3
                              Great advice....thank you

Comment

That was not Ralphs buck that was brought in. That one was shot last weekend in 4A (gun area)which is already closed for bucks. Hunter said he was throwing out corn this weekend and found the deer he had shot the previous weekend. Ralphs buck probably is the one they found on the 3D archery course but will not count against the quota because not sure where it came from. It appeared to be a high shoulder archery kill. 10 Pointer came in this morning from 7A. Tom 6A-3.

Comment

Working...
                                X