No announcement yet.

SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ain't kidding. I was already dreaming up fried squirrel and then you throw in the gravy. Now I'm hungry! We used to raise rabbits so I got a little burned out on em. Except the sausage. My bro in law brought some rabbit sausage to the last crawfish boil. Now that I could eat all day

Comment

I don't see the difference in anything squirrels have compared to pigs, domestic or wild. Pork will have a crap ton of stuff in it, which is why we don't eat pork any other way than fully cooked. A fire should kill any little worm or bug in the meat, so why not.

Heck, not too long ago I found a worm in the meat of a catfish.

Comment

Squirrel tastes better when you're in a jacket with a pocketed back ....stalking around in crisp fall weather with the smell of gunpowder on your hands. So up North may be the way to roll. Last year was less than crisp [emoji12]

Comment

Hey guys! I went to the Sam on Monday and found a couple of walnut trees dropping fruits but they were green. Do pigs eat that stuff? I found rooting nearby.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-Chaser View Post
            Hey guys! I went to the Sam on Monday and found a couple of walnut trees dropping fruits but they were green. Do pigs eat that stuff? I found rooting nearby.
            Yes they love walnuts, I have seen the same thing BC

Comment

Opps! Not even 4 wheel in granny gear low was getting this out. It's ok, i like tractor yard art.

Comment

Thanks for all the squirrel raves I'm definitely doing it Saturday. Don't really care what my friends think...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another question.. Does anyone keep the tails?

Comment

Originally posted by LilMissHunter View Post
                    Thanks for all the squirrel raves I'm definitely doing it Saturday. Don't really care what my friends think...

Make sure to check on any season dates where you plan to go. Way down here, the summer season closed with the end of may. Like everything in Tx, some counties have seasons, some don't

Comment

Wise county is year around so I'm good[emoji51]

Comment

Good job Andy, that takes skill.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
                          Good job Andy, that takes skill.
                          You know it. If they say it can't be done, I can do it!

It's just that dang soggy. It was parked up on the ramp behind it, and was trying to gently turn around cause dad needed it. Welp... too bad for him. I told him he could use the smaller tractor.... got a look on that one. Don't blame him, no one likes the smaller tractor.

Comment

Originally posted by LilMissHunter View Post
                            Another question.. Does anyone keep the tails?

I do. But it is used as fly tying material.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                              I do. But it is used as fly tying material.
                              Same here. I've even kept a few deer tails. ( Although lately I haven't tied any flies.)

Got to talk to a great guy tonight.
                              I enjoyed the chat, hope to do it again soon.
                              ( You know who you are) [emoji41]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                                Same here. I've even kept a few deer tails. ( Although lately I haven't tied any flies.)

Got to talk to a great guy tonight.
                                I enjoyed the chat, hope to do it again soon.
                                ( You know who you are) [emoji41]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                                Level 5 bromance going on

I have got a whole bunch of bird hides and wings from fly tying. Most of them I'll never use again, so if either of you two want them, I'll pass it along next time we meet. All I ever use anymore is deer tail and channelle, and occasionally some streamer type stuff for jigs.

Comment

Working...
                                X