No announcement yet.

SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy -- That made me lol! Your one funny dude but I don't blame you one bit!

Jason -- We will talk about it for sure. If you want one, lets make it happen. I'm just a hobbyist but the Bingham's design produces a very nice shooting bow.

Here you go SwampRabbit....Lee's 1st bow limb in the form. It's baking in the oven right now for about 4.5 hours. I'm not going to have time today for the next limb, will have to get it done tomorrow.
    Attached Files

Comment

Wow... that looks good Tod.

Comment

Here is the back of the bow exposed and the meat around the pin knots I need work.

Comment

You got me there SR-- That's a mystery to me!

I can tell you its Osage lol, that's about it

Comment

That recurve looks awesome Tod.

Comment

Looks great Todd.

WW got me wanting to smell black powder, grabbed the .32 this morning and headed out. Took a while, but I found that those bushy tails are getting faster as I know I am not getting older. 3 hours, 8 shots later I came home with 4 squirrels. But had a blast, and did not hurt the population much. Ya'll have a great day, picking up my better half this evening. So I will not have to be eating my own cooking now.

Comment

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
                Looks great Todd.

WW got me wanting to smell black powder, grabbed the .32 this morning and headed out. Took a while, but I found that those bushy tails are getting faster as I know I am not getting older. 3 hours, 8 shots later I came home with 4 squirrels. But had a blast, and did not hurt the population much. Ya'll have a great day, picking up my better half this evening. So I will not have to be eating my own cooking now.
                Did you have to bark them with that caliber?

Comment

That zebra padauk bow looks solid. Wow. Great work. I have had a typical weekend. Absolutely nuts so far. I even wound up at Target and the mall with the wife...Pass on that. Cleaned the pool and about a million other small things. Spent about an hour hanging a shelf and it's still not up. Had to anchor 4 of 6 screws only to realize the anchors are horrible. I'll try again tomorrow. All in all ...just wayyy too busy for a supposed "day off". Typical. Gonna need a weekend from my weekend as usual

Comment

No sir Swamp, I did as much scaring as I did killing. Knew I would do great, but expected better than 50/50. I could hear a pig coming, then pass by a few yards away, so thick I could see anything to shoot at.

Comment

I am beat. 27" done... 47" to go....

Comment

I swear I had close to 80 hours in my last selfbow. But it was a knotty, twisty piece. I had to drill out 2 big ol knots which left some cool holes just above and below the riser area, then about 20 smaller pin knots. I still don't find chasing rings to be very time consuming. I found it easy to draw knife in the early season rings with that distinctive feel and sound, then kind of quickly clean it up with the scraper without violating rings. All my time went into the real fine details like shaping it out and tillering.

Comment

Well it was a good evening/afternoon. Let's just say I had a great time tonight. Y'all just need to know we're all having a fish fry later this year that may last 2 days so prepare yourself for it!!!! Who's ready?

Comment

Sorry I couldn't attend. Thanks for the invite.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Fonally got to chunk a few spears today. Still deadly

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                                Well it was a good evening/afternoon. Let's just say I had a great time tonight. Y'all just need to know we're all having a fish fry later this year that may last 2 days so prepare yourself for it!!!! Who's ready?
                                Sounds good, I am hungry .

Comment

Working...
                                X